Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they took down at least two.
I just stopped and got the # off the job site trailer.
The guy said he'd call me back after checking on it and he never did.
I stopped in last week and talked with another guy and he said to take it.
I said I will:).
This is the second similar score in under a 1/4 mile, the only two job sites in the area.
I have gotten a lot of wood from this general local, probably more because I frequent it often than anything else.
I'm going to keep this in mind around here I never thought of that I certainly will from now on. I always have a cheap poulan in the back of the truck now.

It is hard and does not rot. Will be in the top four on firewood lists for amount of BTU. My 80 cord came thanks to the Locust Borer. All the BL out here is non native and was planted by farmers for post and other uses. Locust Borer came in and I proceeded to denude this county of every stick of dead BL I could get access to. Had one memorable 8 acre clear cut of huge BL, dthat took me two years of cutting...may have been three. It was around 20 years ago.
It's my fav, easy to work, dries fast, nice size to work with, and last a lifetime once cut. It is a little heavy per piece when dry compared to others, but that's to be expected with the other qualities.
I don't know that it's that high on BTU charts though, there are many others that are much higher such as the hedges and live oak.
8 acres of locust:baba:, time to set up camp:chainsaw::chop::cheers::barbecue:.
I just might have score about 110 tops just down the rd. I can access it from the woods behind my house.
If I get that there is a lot of locust both large tops and damaged trees that I can cut. I will find out more this week.

I always have a cheap poulan in the back of the truck now.

No, no, no... not the cheap Pooplan! They'll think you're one of those broke-azz hillbillies who make YouTube videos of them felling trees onto the neighbors house. Too much of an insurance risk!
Put a high dollah' Stihl in the truck. Maybe three or four of them.

No, no, no... not the cheap Pooplan! They'll think you're one of those broke-azz hillbillies who make YouTube videos of them felling trees onto the neighbors house. Too much of an insurance risk!
Put a high dollah' Stihl in the truck. Maybe three or four of them.
I have a husky 288, countervibe, pioneer 655bp to name a few high dollar saws. Unfortunately because of the people in this world as a saw that rides in the truck for roadside wood that I don't care if it is stolen and it gets the job done.

791653b69c8f8fbc52bf81dfa82ff6b3.jpg

Almost have the first load of the year split now. Easily over 50% ash that will dry until winter. That Husqvarna 268 I just resurrected it has about 5 minutes run time on it! Cuts very impressively.

Brian

Well, last post I made was meant for the scrounge thread, but I think I know where I am at lol.
I also posted a nice load of green maple from a construction site. This Thursday I hauled in a load from my buddies of dead standing ash. But then had to unload it onto the ground so I could pick up another load from a tree service which I help to get excess wood from his sites.
First load.20160519_203025.jpg Same load tossed on the ground at my wood pile/ splitting area.
20160520_124021.jpg
New load today.20160520_151629.jpg20160520_151645.jpg

After too many years of the tarp, I started a small wood shed this weekend for my shop wood. 8x12, should hold 4.5 cord of seasoned wood. I have only been burning a couple of cord a year in the shop so it should do well. I had always thought I wanted a bigger shed but any bigger and it would be a shame to use it for firewood :)

IMG_20160522_165542829.jpg IMG_20160522_165524589.jpg

Saw the guy that I cut fire pit wood from his acreage. He wants more trees dropped so I guess I don't need to worry about hauling wood home from the cabin.

Pretty fair deal. I cut, buck, and take whatever wood I want, he hauls and burns the brush. Win-win.

I believe the next several trees are oak and elm. I've taken one for the team and cut several box elder for him on the last batch so I'm excited to get out there this time.

Back