Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
34ysh14.jpg
next years wood

QUOTE="turnkey4099, post: 5931893, member: 2122"]Thorns. I tried the goo but other than making a mess when fixing a flat they didn't help. I planted a row of Shademaster locust which is a thornless honey locust. After around 30 years suddenly one of them reverted and had the nasty thorns. It didn't survive the day I noticed, expired from a chainsawectomy. Still was getting thorn flats some 15 years later.[/QUOTE]

I been working on some yard tires past couple days. my 10 cu ft 2 wheel wheel barrow, thot it was the valve stem as had crack... but alas, could get no bubbles in water tub. got back into it today... and found the leaks. tube had dry rot spot. tire place I am getting new tube from doesn't do tubes... but alas, across street... that guy does, well don't but did. :) and he did patch it nicely for: $0.00 :surprised3: :D

patched 4.80x4.00x8.0 tube
P1010006.JPG

I asked him if he liked beer? sure... would u like one when u quit today... naw, u don't have to do that... well, u got a family? yes... how about a fresh tomato from garden? naw... u don't have to do that. I am happy to help someone. oic... I left...

but was quite appreciative. and felt an urge to recip something. so he closed at 5, I went back at 5 and he was just leaving. I walked up with a dozen yard eggs... he smiled big!, THANKS!!... he liked that... me, too. lol

Progress has been slower than hoped due to bad back spasms and a broken control valve on the splitter. Each pile is right at 50' which gives me 180' total feet so far. I have wood staged so I can split at night since we are in a 95-100 degree heatwave. Gotta get it done some!View attachment 515209View attachment 515210View attachment 515211View attachment 515212

omg! just imagine what you could really do... if u felt better! ;) what a pile of firewood! awesome. great pix! awesome !!

Thanks BL, I do have a couple rolls of that tape, very good stuff. IMO Cost to much though.

oic - 10 gauge huh, sounds like a lot of amps?... no sense in making round bales if when u drop it, it becomes a hay pile... ;)

30 amp flat spade type fuses, And you are right if you do not put string on the bale before you dump it out you might as well push it in the woods or ditch whichever comes first.

Thanks BL, I do have a couple rolls of that tape, very good stuff. IMO Cost to much though.

I agree, but good stuff! like warm cr*p beer and a nice ice cold Millers... get what we pay for... usually! :D

what is on the agenda for today up at the Amberg Farm and Ranch today?

I agree, but good stuff! like warm cr*p beer and a nice ice cold Millers... get what we pay for... usually! :D

what is on the agenda for today up at the Amberg Farm and Ranch today?

Agenda for today, Is to sit by the AC and think about what I am not going to do tomorrow. To damn hot here! :givebeer:

Agenda for today, Is to sit by the AC and think about what I am not going to do tomorrow. To damn hot here! :givebeer:

here, too amberg... but I know what I am going to do... pretty sure mowing the lawn (again) is on the agenda... that rain last week... pumped n bumped it up... [ugh] :nofunny:

but sure is :numberone: pretty!

Very true, You think you have finished a job only to find out that you have to do it again, and again, and again, AKA mowing grass etc.!

like that extension cord I put together... each time I was about done with yellow end... omg, had to take I apart, left something on bench... then just about to :D and :surprised3: :eek: omg, something else! so back to the grind... :sweet:

Latest posts

Back