Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
English is not my first language, I have a strong Northern Maine "Francophone" upbringing and I learned Acadian French (sort of like Quebec French) many years before I learned English.

I don't think I do too bad, but I certainly won't argue at all that I'm perfect! How I typed the other post that was quoted is how I'd speak so it makes sense to me. Looking at it now it certainly isn't proper English. I think it's because in French it would make sense in that order.
Sometimes as well my phone goes full retard and edits things without me noticing.

For me to read someone's posts and go "What in the hell is this guy even saying?!" it's pretty bad!. Two, to, too is easy as is there, their and they're or your and you're! For the folks that say "it doesn't matter" I think you'll find most others will disagree.

I have been receiving job applications for a hired hand. I've file 13'ed a few that had a work history such as "I dun werked fur a farmur"

and VF, whilest we'ze bees on the subject... that in red u wrote is poor English! Din't you know that?.... even as a contraction, poor English! o_O

Din't you what? :laughing: :dumb:

you don't know, maybe I din't go past the 4th grade, 'cuz I found it too hard! just like old, aged dry wood....

methinks someone... maybe needs some more :reading: learnin'.... ;)

33vnaxg.jpg
this is the best for wood

pretty cool piece of equipment. if u had not shown it here, I, for one, would never know such a machine exists... ! thanks for taking the time to post it up... :)

English is not my first language, I have a strong Northern Maine "Francophone" upbringing and I learned Acadian French (sort of like Quebec French) many years before I learned English.

I don't think I do too bad, but I certainly won't argue at all that I'm perfect! How I typed the other post that was quoted is how I'd speak so it makes sense to me. Looking at it now it certainly isn't proper English. I think it's because in French it would make sense in that order.
Sometimes as well my phone goes full retard and edits things without me noticing.

For me to read someone's posts and go "What in the hell is this guy even saying?!" it's pretty bad!. Two, to, too is easy as is there, their and they're or your and you're! For the folks that say "it doesn't matter" I think you'll find most others will disagree.

I have been receiving job applications for a hired hand. I've file 13'ed a few that had a work history such as "I dun werked fur a farmur"

no excuses now VF! try to simply things... like this perhaps. here is my motto: all typos and mispillings (lol) are OK! if the message is discernable, read, reply and move on. these posts are not formal documents...

>"I dun werked fur a farmur

so u say, but I, for one, don't believe it! but then that is my opinion... lol.

>For me to read someone's posts and go "What in the hell is this guy even saying?!"

in amberg's defense... u know u did not do that! ;)

case in point, hope in this case the point has been made, so umm.... can we move on now?...

image.jpeg Stacking logs to make room since I don't have time to CSS until winter.
image.jpegA bit of a side job. We removed quite a few trees for this customer and he wanted us to split up the wood. This was taken this winter. I would stage the big rounds for the TM to break up and then I would stack them in rows for processing into stove size.

View attachment 515460 Stacking logs to make room since I don't have time to CSS until winter.
View attachment 515461A bit of a side job. We removed quite a few trees for this customer and he wanted us to split up the wood. This was taken this winter. I would stage the big rounds for the TM to break up and then I would stack them in rows for processing into stove size.

thanks for the show-N-tell! :)

my two wheel wheelbarrow... 10 cu ft... suddenly rolls all but like on a flat tire.! :eek: airs hard, then 2 mins later soft. so remove, and ck in water tub... no air leaks! :wtf: so keep looking, seems rim hole for stem when upset... left sharp edge, so tube's valve stem got cut thru... o_O. so time to start sourcing. don't like any prices I read or hear. new wheel/tire/tube $15.00 at H Fgt. keep calling around... find tire store just few blocks over... sure, we can have it here tomorrow and do it, too. cost? tube:$5 and to change it out: $2. :surprised3: OK!..... lol... so that is on the agenda for Friday... etc. always something. ;)

yes, given I had a tire repair requirement... yes, I liked that price! lol

I would like one that is tracked. No motor, not expensive, just instead of a soft tire that can go flat, or the rock hard no flat tires that sink into the mud, just a wide track that rolls easy and spreads the weight out better.

That must be invention 2,987 I never made....

jrider, You really need a supersplit. Since your out there splittling away such as myself, You will save a ton of time. Luke
I don't know. I can split pretty fast with my 4 way and I don't feel like it's hard work. Every video I watch of the super splits, it seems they are wrestling around with the rounds quite a bit, feeding the bigger ones through at least twice just to get them in half. I would like to operate one though to see firsthand.

Here's my splitting area yesterday. This little canopy. I really wish I would have taken a pic of this whole area before I started cutting. It was trees on top of trees. I was 8 - 10 foot up walking across logs breaking it free while it shifts underneath me. Then once I was on the ground bar getting pinched way too often type of stuff. Not sure what a lot of it was or if it would even be usable and the other day I hauled 7 face cord of red oak and it wasn't my first load and won't be my last so I made out alright with it.

IMG_20160728_1800054301_zps0nuohwea.jpg

Here's the spoils: Just under 2 face cord I'd say. Some punk in there and it's all pretty hefty still but it will dry and harden and as they say " It all burns."

IMG_20160728_1905124651_zpsqaikzfys.jpg

neat and clean! nice pictorials... looks like you got to the AS... hittin' the deck a runnin' !... Welcome Aboard!

View attachment 515518 Picture of the pile taken just before midnight. Split from about 9-12 tonight. Started at 80 degrees and "cooled" down to 76 when I finished up. Wish I had cut more because I was feeling good. Pretty peaceful working via headlamp in the dark.

just like camping, ceptn you never run out of camp fire wood... lol

no excuses now VF! try to simply things... like this perhaps. here is my motto: all typos and mispillings (lol) are OK! if the message is discernable, read, reply and move on. these posts are not formal documents...

>"I dun werked fur a farmur

so u say, but I, for one, don't believe it! but then that is my opinion... lol.

>For me to read someone's posts and go "What in the hell is this guy even saying?!"

in amberg's defense... u know u did not do that! ;)

case in point, hope in this case the point has been made, so umm.... can we move on now?...

In my defense , If I have said something wrong, Please let me know!! Amberg! As I don't think that I have. At least let me know, Thanks!

In my defense , If I have said something wrong, Please let me know!! Amberg! As I don't think that I have. At least let me know, Thanks!

he did, amberg - but its a case of the pot calling the kettle black! besides, he who lives in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones!

he put on his WORD NAZI HELMET... drilled u, and had grammar errors of his own! :laughing: gimme a break! ;)

he prolly needs some mo 3R's book learnin' time: :reading: readin', ritin'... and reviewing! :popcorn2:

that aside, I think he is a swell guy. heck of a firewood dude. and besides, he lives in AK! rite on, there VF! :)

>As I don't think that I have.

naw, u haven't... these posts here on the AS are one typo after another... big tuff guys, saws at idle... keying on a smart fone, often gloves on... what do you expect? it maybe AS 101, but this is not English 101!

typos are fine for emails and texting... prob ok for *exting, too! ;)

everyone makes them, I often see them in my posts if I happen to review them or such... I just caught one in this thread or one before I had missed... more than a couple others, too I just edited!

don't sweat it. you just keep on posting. :D

amberg -
akt.jpg

View attachment 515460 Stacking logs to make room since I don't have time to CSS until winter.
View attachment 515461A bit of a side job. We removed quite a few trees for this customer and he wanted us to split up the wood. This was taken this winter. I would stage the big rounds for the TM to break up and then I would stack them in rows for processing into stove size.
Do you like your 650? I just bought one, haven't even had the chance to use it yet. Wondering about maintenance, things I should do to keep it working.

Latest posts

Back