Premix 101: Oils, Ratios, and Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will something like this work on a saw ? And if so where do you hook the wire to ? And is it resetable to zero again ?It is on an onan engine right now .People keep asking me how many hours are on my mill 660 ,and honestly i have lost track .

CIMG7423.JPG

Will something like this work on a saw ? And if so where do you hook the wire to ? And is it resetable to zero again ?It is on an onan engine right now .People keep asking me how many hours are on my mill 660 ,and honestly i have lost track .

View attachment 465682
The were just wraps around the plug wire on a tiny tach. The tach turns on and off with the engine.

The were just wraps around the plug wire on a tiny tach. The tach turns on and off with the engine.
Thanks Ben ,i may see if can reset it to zero somehow ,if not i will just write where i stated on the shop wall to keep track

Not use and abuse just be practical and mix stuff rite and maintain it? What more can you do.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
U can tell what oils lubricate the best internally and in the long run may get u more run time per saw before its worn out?

U can tell what oils lubricate the best internally and in the long run may get u more run time per saw before its worn out?
IME when used in a commercial logging operation most everything wears out before the motor, assuming you take good care of the air filter, etc.

Read below and it will remind you of what YOU wrote

I still await your answer with a picture of your saws with a tachometer that records hours at WOT
I get it now! you don't know the difference between a sawmill & a chainsaw that mills, maybe you could ask a farmer to point it out to you. LOL you had me scratching my head what you were on about, but then again that doesn't take much! To clear up any confusion, I don't have a chainsaw with an hour meter permanently mounted on it ( it was just a one night stand the tiny tach said ) I don't know of a hour meter small enough that would be able to record rotational engine hours for fitment onto a chainsaw, I have manually recorded cutting times at WOT with some idling time to form a basis for chainsaw usage which can then be calculated by fuel or oil used, no guessing.

So i have been using Mobil 1 2T Racing for abot 8 years (prob 8 to 10 ltrs per year) but its getting harder to find and is about $35 per ltr in Ozz, time for a change.
These 3 are easy to get and between $15 to $25 per ltr
I have used all 3 around 5 ltrs of mix each at 40:1 in a 660 for milling and all are have pleasant smell,fumes to use,so which one to stick with ?.
Even two of them are Ozzy

IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0030.JPG

Interesting that someone would start a thread about motorcycle oil on a chainsaw forum
2T%20Oil%20Assortment-L.jpg

Latest posts

Back