Ready to pull the trigger on Echo CS-590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagleknight

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. My local dealer I bought my Toro mower from is also an Echo and Husky dealer. I saw they had a big sale in the spring last year and about a month ago they posted that the manufacture days are back this weekend and would be the big sale of the year. I am pretty much set on wanting to get an Echo CS-590 to compliment my Stihl MS 180. I don't know know what price they are going to have it at, but I am hoping around $375 or so and maybe an extra chain. When I went in and look at one a couple of months ago they had it at $385. Only three more days because I took off Friday to hit up the sale on the first day. Only negative is forecast is calling for rain so I can't go out and use it when I get home if I do get it. :D

Surely a excelent choice if you have a good dealer included with your puchase!

Buddy brought his 590 over more me to sharpen. I was surprised how well it ran. Cut thru 16"dry oak pretty well with original chain. I offerred to remove limiters a d retune after warranty expired.

Well I bought it. Little bummed they didn't really have much knocked off the price. I talked to the Echo rep about the saw for awhile and the shop tuned the carb before I took it home. First thing I did was cut that reverse muffle baffle out. I don't know if I will mod much more.
9998faecfa8d75e7a534e1b00d9f6be4.jpg

great choice i liked the first one so much i bought another one i did the cut on the exhaust and retuned
i run a 18 inch bar on one and a 24 on the other i bought them last november i have cut alot of firewood
since then running husqvarna bars with stihl rsc chain the bars are close to echo bars the oil holes line up but they are a little loose
on the studs and i had to cut down the chains a link or two echo has a unique link count but echo bars are expensive and i had a stack of husky bars
handy i did buy a 24 inch echo oregon bar from left coast they had the best price i could find.
hope this helps there wasn't much info when i bought
my saws a couple of guys i know bought 590s after trying mine great bang for the buck saws
firewood guy here.

How are Echo bars expensive? Maybe a dealer thing? The Echo rep told me they use Oregon bar and chain on everything and don't change the part numbers.

local dealer 55.00 for 20 inch echo bar no chain no other echo dealers close.
i was just giving an option with the husky bars that worked great for me
hope more echo dealers come to my area 40 miles to next dealer.

Oh boy, sounds like more then I wanted to do. Maybe I will just buy a stock exhaust guide for $2 and put it back on. :eek:

Oh boy, sounds like more then I wanted to do. Maybe I will just buy a stock exhaust guide for $2 and put it back on. :eek:
Are you changing your mind because of a simple carb adjust? If that's something you're not comfortable with, then you should have somebody show you how. Keeping your saw tuned is just as important as putting mix in your gas & everyone should know how to adjust their own carb.

There's nothing wrong with not knowing how to tune your saw, but there IS something wrong with not learning how. Your new saw will appreciate it immensely for not being run lean.

You've got yourself a beautiful new saw there. Go ahead and do that muff mod, re-tune your carb & ENJOY!!!

Not surprising he's having second thoughts about the MM.....talking about "when" he toasts the top end....

OP-search removing the limiters, richen up the tune and let er rip. After a few tanks, the MM, and retune the 590s a whole different animal.

Not surprising he's having second thoughts about the MM.....talking about "when" he toasts the top end....

OP-search removing the limiters, richen up the tune and let er rip. After a few tanks, the MM, and retune the 590s a whole different animal.
I don't believe drf was trying to scare him, he was just stressing the importance of not running the saw lean after doing the muff mod.

right out of the box both of mine were lean i tuned them and check them every time i cut.
i do that with all of my saws always have.
if your unsure i believe bl snelling and others have a how to tune vid on this site or youtube.

i've had 0one of these since dec of 2014. been running the jeebers out of it with no mods and just a dealer carb prep.

it has been pulling a 24" bar/chain. no signs of being lean. haven't threw it into any 24"+ hickory logs-- but it has pulled the 24" pretty darn well through some softwoods.

these ain't those "smogged out" little echos like my cs450 was. one of these running right mod or no mod has got serious grunt.

i may eventually mod mine --but i keep saying i'm going to buy that 620P too--

Latest posts

Back