Saws 'n stuff in Japan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one for the collection: Very early 020AV(T) with one-piece starter&fuel tank housing:
It needed a new fuel hose and impulse line. Probably was used only a couple of times and then put away - the original bar&chain look almost new...

I have a 15AV that looks almost like that, just all orange.
I broke the starter cord on it a while back, realized it's a royal pita to fix!

Video:

Hey Seam really nice 020 you have there, I have the 015 myself in the same color scheme out of West Germany.
Where are you finding so much wood at in Japan to cut up, I know it has been over 20 years since I was there but dang, you have piles of it.

Japan is one of the "greenest" places - lots of wood, at least where I live ;)
Almost all of our export logs go to Japan, I mean shiploads upon shiploads. I don't pay attention to the numbers game, I just live near two major log export ports in the Columbia River and I see, firsthand, the vast amounts of logs heading overseas (and they have been, for many years).

Go check Google Earth - it's probably cheaper to buy logs overseas... The trees in my area were planted for charcoal a long time ago. No one is burning coal these days.

Found myself a Champ :numberone:
mtadwzj6exqcg.jpg

...with a weird attachment :cool:
wfj2612-img600x448-14261438136oj5vs18221.jpg

Another one for the collection: Very early 020AV(T) with one-piece starter&fuel tank housing:
It needed a new fuel hose and impulse line. Probably was used only a couple of times and then put away - the original bar&chain look almost new...

Video:

Video:
Do us alk a favor run it once its fixed and dont sell it to a dumb azz

The winch arrived today. Some rust here and there (it is 18 years old, after all), but the Champ and the winch both work very nicely and are "like new".

The 30 meters of steel wire make it a little heavy. But it can be winched on the truck bed if necessary.
I have always wanted a winch like that no batts or extension cords very nice

That is a possibility. Japan is not that harsh where small engines are concerned.
I think japan makes some incredible engines they take a beating. And also changed the market and upped standards for cars and motorcycles.

Back