Saws 'n stuff in Japan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week I met a friend at the local supermarket and he told me he wanted to get rid of this 630 Super because it was getting too heavy for him to start and use. I couldn't resist :p.
He bought the saw in the States some time during the late 80s or early 90s and used it for one log house project in Japan and firewood thereafter. It was hard to start, as it needed a new (and correct) spark plug. :)

A few 076 pics...
Last weekend (the only pics I have with all 3 of them):

My first 076:

No. 2:

... sporting an interesting clutch cover

No. 3 (when I got the saw. It does look and work better now):

I think we all agree that you need a vid of those pigs running

Today I traded a couple of brush cutters for this box...

The box contained a saw (so small you hardly notice it)

and some accessory that was part of the PREMIUM PACK sold in 1999?? (The warranty ran out in 2002 according to the included paperwork)

The saw was used only once and is spotless inside. Compared to my "used" one it looks brand new

Too pretty to saw...

Nice collection of saws you have. I'm down in Shikoku if you ever find yourself here.

Today I traded a couple of brush cutters for this box...

The box contained a saw (so small you hardly notice it)...

and some accessory that was part of the PREMIUM PACK sold in 1999?? (The warranty ran out in 2002 according to the included paperwork)...

The saw was used only once and is spotless inside. Compared to my "used" one it looks brand new...

Too pretty to saw...

What's up with the image of the little girl with angel? wings? That seems odd for a chainsaw. Does the writing on the box explain it?

The girl in the photo (no angel wings, just something in the background) is just a happy-family design touch to improve home center sales, I guess.
The saw was named "kogaru", initially, which also means "little girl" but has somewhat different connotations these days.
This little Zenoah was (and is) very popular over here. Also is copied a lot in China, it seems :chainsaw:

I wish we could still get those zenoahs in the USA. Nice collection.

I wish we could still get those zenoahs in the USA. Nice collection.

We can still get some Zenoah's here. The top handle saws are the easiest to find but for whatever reasons stocks are always limited. An average shop will get, say, twenty saws for the year, and that's it until next year.
They are also generally well priced for what they are: the G2500 is easy to find under (sometimes well under) €400.
I've always had a soft spot for Zenoah engines: I used to have leaf blower, two brush cutters etc but everything was stolen a few years back. All I have left is the hedge trimmer, which is a fantastic piece of kit, so much Husqvarna still sells it here under its own name.
I'd really like to get one of those small Zenah's one of these days but it would do little more than gather dust...

Back