Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOl...No I'm not.

If you want a 394/395 keep you eyes out in the classifieds for one from someone reputable.

My quad exhaust masterpiece, that someone actually did the math on for exhaust flow, and that price will never happen again.

Fortunately was able to dig up Mitchs old posts regarding the build of that saw. That saw is going into the coffin with me.

I have seen a lot of sweeties in there. You just have to be ready to jump. They don't last long unless it's a fixer upper.

Yep, mine came from the classifieds as well, and did not plan on it, took every centavos I could scrape up then but grabbed it.

NA, to adjust the timing, you just pull the flywheel, file the key about 20/1000, and make sure that when you put it back together the flywheel is a tad advanced.

I mostly use the 362 for limbing, but the 044s are not so bad for a 70 cc saw, generally the powerhead is less than 14 lbs.

I DO NOT like to limb with the 046/460s. They feel heavy fast, and I use them for bucking (they really save some time).

NA, to adjust the timing, you just pull the flywheel, file the key about 20/1000, and make sure that when you put it back together the flywheel is a tad advanced.

I mostly use the 362 for limbing, but the 044s are not so bad for a 70 cc saw, generally the powerhead is less than 14 lbs.

I DO NOT like to limb with the 046/460s. They feel heavy fast, and I use them for bucking (they really save some time).
I was thinking of you yesterday when I was scrounging up that load of red oak and maple.
The guys clearing the site had a whooped on 044 he was tearing the heck out of stuff with.
I was talking to him about it and asked about the rakers because he was chipping the tree not cutting it.
He said they were a bit low for the 8 pin he was running.
That was with a 25" B&C lol.
If I would have had my big trailer it would have been full between what I put on the little trailer and everything they were going to chip at 8" or under.
Hopefully I can set up for him to dump loads here at the house and at my buddies 50 acres.
Still hoping to get a call back about the ash that I originally went to get.
I also have 4 or 5 ash in the same area to get whenever I get to them at another buddies:).
So much wood so little time.

Don't you have some crates to be selling:envy:
Should be a great week with the temps finally dipping.
And I will run my stock (totally stock lol)
saws against @MustangMike any day of the week, I don't mind loosing as long as the cookies being cut are around 16":numberone:
As far as racing mike is concerned, I've been thinking my highly modified Red Huskee 22ton will smoke his yellow County Line splitter, bring that Creamsicle over here and lets line them up:chop::barbecue::cheers::drinking:
You all can come and watch, bet you can't get all my wood stacked into the wood shed in an hr:popcorn2:.
Hr later wow, guess you did it you win:havingarest:

Both

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

How consistent is it with the powder drop? For rifles I personally like a single stage where each charge is measured. I use an rcbs chargemaster so that makes it easy to measure each charge. My shotgun reloader uses pushings for the powder drops and I have measured a several and they are ball park consistent with .5gr or less of one another but that is shotgun so the consistency between charges is less significant. Let us know the consistancy is.

How consistent is it with the powder drop? For rifles I personally like a single stage where each charge is measured. I use an rcbs chargemaster so that makes it easy to measure each charge. My shotgun reloader uses pushings for the powder drops and I have measured a several and they are ball park consistent with .5gr or less of one another but that is shotgun so the consistency between charges is less significant. Let us know the consistancy is.
.2 grains is what I have read. I'll be able to tell you forsure once I do my testing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Picked it up today....going to pizz-rev it later. ;)

9398292517cc055c7ba00467b7926d07.jpg

abd96607ead7f70444e713321fc2b9ed.jpg

aada2744460e75cbec0a8008660d9ebb.jpg

Unfortunately I just picked up a new toy, I bought a hornady lnl progressive reloading press I'd really like to be playing with.
That's how it goes, you have time or money, rare you have both at the same time.
You will like it lots. My BIL has that one and has 5gallon buckets full of rounds. He is pretty particular about his ammo.
What the heck is a pushing, the red thing you push from side to side LOL.

Back