Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked it up today....going to pizz-rev it later. ;)

9398292517cc055c7ba00467b7926d07.jpg

abd96607ead7f70444e713321fc2b9ed.jpg

aada2744460e75cbec0a8008660d9ebb.jpg
it's gotta be a good saw . it's got "farm" on the bar.:rock2:
edit. see Chipper, i can say nice things about "other" saws.:ices_rofl:

Regular. I like the flipped on my other saw.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You may be able to swap them out for flippy caps. I remember reading it before anyway. I tried my 550 flippy caps on the oil side of my 353 and 575 and they didn't fit:(.
I have seen pictures of the 545 with flippy caps.

it's gotta be a good saw . it's got "farm" on the bar.:rock2:
edit. see Chipper, i can say nice things about "other" saws.:ices_rofl:
Don't lie Steve, you know you want it.
I can too, it's just fun giving all the stihl guys a hard time, it's even funnier that they get so bothered by it and I've owned as many or more stihl than most guys:laughing:

Check out the chip that came off my 441. I was trying to get the flippy cap to go down and it wouldn't so I was like whatever, must have a chip(wood) under it I'll get it on my next fill up. Go to refill it an dang chip off the case comes off, it was the reason it wouldn't close:surprised3:. I'm not sure how it happened as I keep the 550xp, 192tc in cases, and also the bar oil and mix around it to protect it in the Suburban.
I didn't think about it til starting to type this, but the bar oil stopped flowing on my last tank too:baba:. Pulled the bar and it's before that:(. I saw the chip for a second and then couldn't find it, it may have fallen in the oil tank, but I thought it fell on the ground.
Any advice on this one stihl guys, I've never had this happen on a Husky:popcorn2:
I don't think they are related, just coincidence. 20160211_192902.jpg

That's how it goes, you have time or money, rare you have both at the same time.
You will like it lots. My BIL has that one and has 5gallon buckets full of rounds. He is pretty particular about his ammo.

What the heck is a pushing, the red thing you push from side to side LOL.
Auto correct got me. It was supposed to be bushing

You may be able to swap them out for flippy caps. I remember reading it before anyway. I tried my 550 flippy caps on the oil side of my 353 and 575 and they didn't fit:(.
I have seen pictures of the 545 with flippy caps.

Don't lie Steve, you know you want it.
I can too, it's just fun giving all the stihl guys a hard time, it's even funnier that they get so bothered by it and I've owned as many or more stihl than most guys:laughing:

Check out the chip that came off my 441. I was trying to get the flippy cap to go down and it wouldn't so I was like whatever, must have a chip(wood) under it I'll get it on my next fill up. Go to refill it an dang chip off the case comes off, it was the reason it wouldn't close:surprised3:. I'm not sure how it happened as I keep the 550xp, 192tc in cases, and also the bar oil and mix around it to protect it in the Suburban.
I didn't think about it til starting to type this, but the bar oil stopped flowing on my last tank too:baba:. Pulled the bar and it's before that:(. I saw the chip for a second and then couldn't find it, it may have fallen in the oil tank, but I thought it fell on the ground.
Any advice on this one stihl guys, I've never had this happen on a Husky:popcorn2:
I don't think they are related, just coincidence. View attachment 485344
I had an ms290 that came from the dealer with a cracked oil tank like that. I took it back and upgraded to the 271.

Auto correct got me. It was supposed to be bushing
That's funny, I was wondering, I had never heard that term before in regards to reloading.
One of the funniest auto correct errors I saw was a buddy of mine was trying to tell me his auto correct changed what he wrote(much like your post)and auto correct auto corrected the words "auto correct".
I had an ms290 that came from the dealer with a cracked oil tank like that. I took it back and upgraded to the 271.
Do you think they would let me upgrade my 441 to a 271 "farmboss" even though I wasn't the original purchaser:innocent:

I picked up a new scrounging tool on Saturday. I haven't cut with it yet, but it piss revs very nice :chainsaw:
View attachment 484572 View attachment 484573 View attachment 484574 View attachment 484575

Time to update the signature, I guess. I have a very nice MS310 with scored p/c for sale if anyone's interested. (Not in the tradin' post yet, but might go there)
You're going to like that a lot. Took me about two days of cutting for the 5105 to be my favorite 50cc saw.

Ok, here's what the other arm looked like. These pictures are harder to get on here.
These should go well with breakfast:sweet:
Have fun out there today guys, and play it safe:dancing:
View attachment 485059
You can see that my previous scar is still a little fresh on my wrist.
It ground off a 3rd of my pinky nail :nofunny:View attachment 485060
I tumped over a dirt bike about three weeks before I left for Basic back in the day. Had seeping scrapes just like that all over. My Pop's was pissed because he thought they might not let me in. It was pretty well healed or scabbed over before my time to ship out. Left for Navy Boot Camp on Father's Day, 1987. Damn Squids....

I tumped over a dirt bike about three weeks before I left for Basic back in the day. Had seeping scrapes just like that all over. My Pop's was pissed because he thought they might not let me in. It was pretty well healed or scabbed over before my time to ship out. Left for Navy Boot Camp on Father's Day, 1987. Damn Squids....
That's funny that could have been me to, signing up. I went a different route though in 88' I was just finishing an 18yr stint with a Chief Petty Officer, I called him Dad:) and the service was the farthest thing from my mind. When I moved out I was done with my military days:hi::clap::dancing:

We can't talk about road rash and that right now, svk is counting shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
svk "common guys now I cant remember was it 76hrs or 86hrs":laugh:
Well, I hate to interrupt the road rash but I'm less than 5 days away from getting my 562. Counting the hours now lol.

Just the other day, a fellow scrounger and I were bemoaning all our efforts last year in putting up enough wood for two polar vortexes. I have burned about only about 3 facecord so far this winter. The last couple nights however have been minus a bunch and the wood usage has gone way up. Time to carry more up from under my deck.

Just the other day, a fellow scrounger and I were bemoaning all our efforts last year in putting up enough wood for two polar vortexes. I have burned about only about 3 facecord so far this winter. The last couple nights however have been minus a bunch and the wood usage has gone way up. Time to carry more up from under my deck.
I haven't burned much myself. When I split the red oak and maple up yesterday I cleaned up a little and have been burning the bark from the ash and a bunch of other little pieces that I scrounged up. the bucket was about 3/4 full yesterday around 4pm and I burned just that bark and scrounged stuff til 1am then loaded the wood burner up with a full batch of red oak from the pile for this yr and next.
I started burning more of the bark at 8 this morning. That pile has hardly gone down this yr with the warm temps and all the dead standing/recently fallen dead wood I've brought from the woods directly to the house like this bark.
If I used a full cord out of the pile I would say that would be exaggerating. I only heat with wood.
The pile behind the tractor is for after the one I'm using now is gone which is still around 6-7 full cords.
I had to unload the bucket because it is starting to snow, they are calling for 2-4" today and more this weekend :clap:1455285022512.jpg

Nice tractor chipper

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thanks Ryan, like yours too, well what I could see of it(the bucket).
I bought my first one just up the street M-37 from the John Deere dealer, I could see it from his house and he used to drive it down there for fuel:).

It was only a 2 wheel drive, standard trans, no power steering. I managed to make 500, a 7" back blade, and a set of front turf tires after expenses including a set of bearings for my little single axle trailer(gotta do what you gotta do:)).
I sold the same guy a Honda Foreman the week prior and made even better money. It was awesome how it all came together.
This was my first one.
20150212_144414.jpg
Notice no driveway in the background, ground not leveled out under tractor, and no wood pile in the background lots happened since then. Kinda forget sometimes all you do.

Thanks Ryan, like yours too, well what I could see if it(the bucket).
I bought it just up from the John Deere dealer, I could see it from his house and he used to drive it down there for fuel:).

It was only a 2 wheel drive, standard trans, now power steering. I managed to make 500, a 7" back blade, and a set of front turf tires after expenses including a set of bearings for my little single axle trailer(gotta do what you gotta do:)).
I sold the same guy a Honda Foreman the week prior and made even better money. It was awesome how it all came together.
This was my first one.
View attachment 485443
Notice no driveway in the background, ground not leveled out under tractor, and no wood pile in the background lots happened since then. Kinda forget sometimes all you do.
It sounds like we are in the same boat. I made a killing this summer from a Kubota garden tractor and pair of snowmobiles.

Here's my tractor.

uploadfromtaptalk1455290945858.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455290963527.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1455291066700.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I remember seeing a couple of these pictures before.
I would like to get another small tractor with a quick detach loader, 54-60 deck, and a 3-point roto-tiller.
How much wood do you burn.

Latest posts

Back