Sears not so lightweight D-44 coil woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadiuskilius

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, Question is on skipping the whole points and condenser to swap in a solid state coil.

Searching and reading in these forums leads me to believe engine is a Tecumseh AH440 (unique metal tag some speak of is absent)

#'s under air cleaner cover: Model# 917.351061 SN 36226

So.. in short can I just buy a Feebay solid state coil thats fits, and avoid pulling flywheel to access those points and condenser?
It's the whole timing of the spinning magnets thing that I don't understand well enough to know if this will work.

Thanks in advance who ever decides to take the time to set me straight on this!

Hey Dad, welcome. You are in the wrong forum. Go to the top of the page and click on forums and run down to "Chainsaws". I'm sure some one there can help you. I actually put a Nova II module in a big Homelite and it has worked for years. I did pull the flywheel, took the points out, hooked the wires up like the Nova instructions. It may have changed the timing a little. The thing will kick back and rip your fingers off, but, it does run well, Joe.

Hey Dad, welcome. You are in the wrong forum. Go to the top of the page and click on forums and run down to "Chainsaws". I'm sure some one there can help you. I actually put a Nova II module in a big Homelite and it has worked for years. I did pull the flywheel, took the points out, hooked the wires up like the Nova instructions. It may have changed the timing a little. The thing will kick back and rip your fingers off, but, it does run well, Joe.
Thanks, Reposted

Latest posts

Back