Skull buckets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are the new ones worth the price or should I keep looking for mint Mac-Ts to horde...

Do both. Keep the old ones because they're cool, and wear the new ones to protect your gourd. Let's start bringing our old helmets to GTG's for comparison. I bet there's more variation than we expect.

I think the Skull Bucket is a much better hard had than the Mac-T.

Agreed. They were sort of a bunch of soft spots looking for an impact to join them before, which is a solid enough design given single simple shapes pressed out of sheet material. Cheap was the name of that game. Modern helmets, under modern rules, have to meet a bunch more basic design requirements. I wish I could report that the old suspensions were super comfy and the new ones suck, but I can't. This generation of tin hats is pretty OK in my book.

I think I am going to give madsens a call and see what they have to offer. I bought my last one there.

So are the new ones worth the price or should I keep looking for mint Mac-Ts to horde...

Perhaps you hoarders should give me a top price before next year's Packwood fleecing event. I saw a good one at the Labor Day event, but it was above my $20 maximum and the guy refused to bargain on it. He wanted $30. It was still there on the following day. The liner was shot, but the hat was dent free and no paint on it.

Perhaps you hoarders should give me a top price before next year's Packwood fleecing event. I saw a good one at the Labor Day event, but it was above my $20 maximum and the guy refused to bargain on it. He wanted $30. It was still there on the following day. The liner was shot, but the hat was dent free and no paint on it.
Lots of Mac-Ts huh? Maybe we should move there. Say Hi to Benny for me.

paid like 40 for my current one, plus shipping from flea-bay. So far its mostly dent free.

30's not so bad for one in good shape, as long as its a 4 point. Especially considering that the new 2top ones are $37 + shipping.

Currently have a back up as of now, just needs new suspension

I'd try one of those SkullBuckets but my Mac-T is only thirty years old. Should be good for a while yet. :rolleyes: It might be interesting to find out if any of those new style tin hats make it thirty years and still work as well as mine does. I'll check back.

P5301752.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
P5301752.jpg

I've seen a guy with muffs on his full brim tin hat, I'm trying to pull this off so i can listen to my audio books while i cut firewood this winter. I think i found the right muffs, but wanted to see if anyone has any input before i place an order.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back