Skull buckets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of these brain buckets. Much tougher then the plastic krap :mad2: The skull buckets brand is what most of the Axmen show are wearing. Kinda spendy for being chicom :dizzy: Wish USA made aluminum brain buckets were available :mad::cry: I got my neck broke wearin a plastic hard hat, my tin hat would have done a better job. Been reading some scary things about nock off Skull Bucket brand brain buckets.

Tell us what you have read, my hard hat is the one thing besides my boots that makes me feel good about safety.

Madsen's or Cowlitz. The Skull Bucket doesn't fit my big brainy head even though a Mac-T does. I sold my SB to my boss.

Overall I prefer the Bullard wildland helmet anyway.

I own both. SK and a Bullard wildland. The tin lid is by far more expensive, but also sees so much more use. It's light. As for the bullard, I have to wear it for fire season. Its required. Heavy as a brick. Just my 2 cents.

If Jacob can't find one, I'll send you the yard sale hat. I haven't painted it pink yet. But I won't say it is sticker free. It is in very good shape. I removed the moss, and yes, it was moss, the thing had been sitting under a tree for a while.

I think you should go for the bright orange or yellow plastic hats. They are so easy to see and stay that way pretty much unless you are slapping paint on trees. They weigh the same as the old Mac Ts according to my highly accurate one in each hand test. Heck, you only have to wear one for maybe 6 hours!:msp_rolleyes:

I have two of these brain buckets. Much tougher then the plastic krap :mad2: The skull buckets brand is what most of the Axmen show are wearing. Kinda spendy for being chicom :dizzy: Wish USA made aluminum brain buckets were available :mad::cry: I got my neck broke wearin a plastic hard hat, my tin hat would have done a better job. Been reading some scary things about nock off Skull Bucket brand brain buckets.

How did you get a broken neck?

Tell us what you have read, my hard hat is the one thing besides my boots that makes me feel good about safety.

:agree2:

I don't have any complaints with my skullbuckets other than the suspension not being very comfortable. Solved that by getting the old Mac-T suspension.

It's too bad an American company won't make any tin hats, but until they do, Chinese made is what you got, like it or not.

The Mac-T hats I've seen on Ebay have been just the same or higher priced than a skullbucket.

The only Mac-T I have is that damn 6pt. hat - no replacement suspensions. Sure wish I had grabbed that 4pt. at the yard sale instead. Live and learn.

If Jacob can't find one, I'll send you the yard sale hat. I haven't painted it pink yet. But I won't say it is sticker free. It is in very good shape. I removed the moss, and yes, it was moss, the thing had been sitting under a tree for a while.

I think you should go for the bright orange or yellow plastic hats. They are so easy to see and stay that way pretty much unless you are slapping paint on trees. They weigh the same as the old Mac Ts according to my highly accurate one in each hand test. Heck, you only have to wear one for maybe 6 hours!:msp_rolleyes:

Thanks. If JacobJ can't dredge one up for me I'll take you up on that. Please hold off on the pink paint until we find out. Please!

I've tried those brightly colored whickerbill plastic hats a time or two when our safety department was on the warpath. Felt kinda foolish wearing them...like I was auditioning for a spot with The Village People.

Like these stupid blue hats?

Thecrew-1-1.jpg

Skull Bucket Aluminum Hard Hats

My neck was broke because the limb had a 2" broken stob that punctured the plastic and it hooked into the hard hat and which caused my neck to twisted with the hard hat as it slid off my head :mad: Never again will I trust plastic hard hats at all. Any one use fiberglass?

I bought my SB from Baileys back in March and they had just gotten them in stock. They must have gone pretty fast. I was disappointed when I saw kung-pow written on it. Like Bob said, just ain't right. It does fit better and feels better than that plastic POS I found for $5.

There's a few things that I really like about aluminum in a helmet. I like the light weight, the heat transfer (stay cooler in summer), and the broad brim. What really sells it, though, is that aluminum deforms way more before failing than plastic does. I see it like this: I'm going to get hit in the head working in the woods and there's no way of getting out of that. Trick is to survive. With a plastic helmet, it takes a hell of a whack to break, but it transfers a lot of that energy to the neck and shoulders if it doesn't break. Aluminum will ding if you so much as fart at it wrong. Dings in a helmet are shocks your body doesn't feel. If I'm gonna get hit hard enough to break a plastic helmet, odds are I'm gonna be injured no matter what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing an aluminum helmet, I am protected as well or better in most situations, and inconvenienced less in the rest. I don't wear plastic unless I have to.

Well first off stop farting at your hard hat. Aluminum allows penetration much easier than plastic so there ,as always, are trade offs. Plastic also degrades over time due to UV and certain gases. The suspensions in more current designs, especially the newest Bullard helmets is much better than the old Mac-T design.

As I have stated before the SB does not fit me while the Mac-T does. I have a very large brain so I need a big hat. But having a big brain makes me really smart. Smarter than the average bear.

I am just pointing out the variety that is available. One hooktender wore a white full brim plastic hardhat just because his crew didn't like it. That's a good reason. He found it in the road ditch so it was a freebie.

Skull Bucket Aluminum Hard Hats

My neck was broke because the limb had a 2" broken stob that punctured the plastic and it hooked into the hard hat and which caused my neck to twisted with the hard hat as it slid off my head :mad: Never again will I trust plastic hard hats at all. Any one use fiberglass?

Man that sucks! How long ago was that? Did you make a full recovery?

Back