Snellerized Saws Re-Visits the MS241C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a newer carb I replaced it with last winter(120 EURO!). If you can PM yer part #, I can check it against mine when I am out there tomorrow with it clearing one of our ditches.
On the coil u r referring to reindeer? Ill have to see what year my saw is too

Just wondering what the carb part # is you may have, as I might have easily gotten NOS. Ireland is a bit backwards some times... May as well shoot me yer coil #.

I think mine is Dec, 2012. One of the earlier ones.
Lol!! Thats an aweasome noodling 42cc machine!!!! :surprised3::happybanana:

The vid with the ash shows that 241 with a 6 pin sprocket. On a picco, this thing is very angry with a 6 pin rim. Not as much top end, but as you can see, 2 foot of ash is not a problem. Only problem is the chain won't last in that set up. I went through 2 picco chains in one week, btw. Fortunately, they were free, but I didn't replace them. I'm back on 325 standard. I am eventually gonna go and get a 16" NK set up as my old 17" bar died a while back, too. Does Stihl make an NK set up, or will I have to mod another husky mount bar?

I find the ported 241 is a bit much for picco. I don't get very long out of a picco chain at all on my 241. It runs NK very well, and the teeth last much, much longer. While not as fast with standard 325, it does rather well with that as well.

Here she is in semi seasoned ash on an 18" bar(and being dogged in with reversed spikes)before she ripped the picco chain in two:

Am I correct in reading, ported 241 breaks Stihl ps chains? :ices_rofl:

I think mine is Dec, 2012. One of the earlier ones.

The vid with the ash shows that 241 with a 6 pin sprocket. On a picco, this thing is very angry with a 6 pin rim. Not as much top end, but as you can see, 2 foot of ash is not a problem. Only problem is the chain won't last in that set up. I went through 2 picco chains in one week, btw. Fortunately, they were free, but I didn't replace them. I'm back on 325 standard. I am eventually gonna go and get a 16" NK set up as my old 17" bar died a while back, too. Does Stihl make an NK set up, or will I have to mod another husky mount bar?
I think Bailys makes a Woodland Pro also

Back