So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to get spark after cleaning/adjusting the points, saw started chugging a bit, and died. I think I flooded it.

I had a rough time getting my little Dolmar top handle running after I rebuilt the carb. I finally adjusted it a bunch of times and it runs better now. It sure isn't set according to the specs. I'm still trying to learn also how to sharpen a chain using the electric sharpener my neighbor gave me. I actually have more confidence using a file.

I didn't set the float level when I swapped out to the captured needle included in the kit (realized it when fuel started dumping out the carb). That's the problem with doing carb kits when you've got a 12 hour sleep deficit... :oops:

The compression came way up once the rings got wet on this sucker (there's only a couple scratches visible in the bore). Should be a gem when I get it sorted out. $52 well spent. :cool:

Bucked and hauled about a cord of firewood and split about 3/4s of it before it got dark on me, Repaired Log Splitter, and found ways to try and spend money i dont really have(stihl Dealership, Visited the Baileys Retail outlet store in my home town.( OMG they Have a Storefront my wallet is screwed.

Hanging tarps for weather protection at the tower . 570 feet above the street. View of market square square from the top. IMG_20141126_103049_483.jpg

Free tickets tonight. Pittsburgh Penguins vs Toronto Maple Leafs. Old school pens jersey and a dirty Stihl hat. That's how I roll !!!!IMG_20141126_202621_800.jpg

Logged till about 3:00.
Ran a basketball practice from 4:30 till 6:00. High School boys.
Relaxed rest of the night.

Adjusted the float level on the 1-50 and managed to get it to run at WOT. Still dumping fuel out the carb, so I'm going to dig the original plunger and arm out of the trash and try those next.

It was fun seeing flames coming out the not-a-muffler. :rock:

Adjusted the float level on the 1-50 and managed to get it to run at WOT. Still dumping fuel out the carb, so I'm going to dig the original plunger and arm out of the trash and try those next.

It was fun seeing flames coming out the not-a-muffler. :rock:
You might check the reed valve if that saw has one. A little sawdust under a reed valve will make them spit back.

This things leaking a lot of fuel. It's much less than before the float adjustment, but it's still a runny mess. I set it at what I thought was a little on the low side around .008 below flush. A sticky valve would certainly be possible though.

Latest posts

Back