Started clearing at work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, first section all done and brush mostly burned.

Time to start on the larger section.

2d4e0670e9ec5c3a24f568f3a50acc6e.jpg

Sent from a field

Beech,white oak and hickory is going home with me tonight.

3e33a6e27a6fe07ac585bc11ea34dc85.jpg

Sent from a field

Looks good Casey!!

I like that type of clearing.

Neighbor would go in with the hoe knocking trees over and I'll follow behind cutting the stump off and tree into my wing span length.

We could get a lot done in a day.

IMG_0942640x480.jpg

IMG_0944640x480.jpg

Looks good Casey!!

I like that type of clearing.

Neighbor would go in with the hoe knocking trees over and I'll follow behind cutting the stump off and tree into my wing span length.

We could get a lot done in a day.

IMG_0942640x480.jpg

IMG_0944640x480.jpg

Sadly, my hoe man doesn't have the sense to lay things out in an orderly fashion. He constantly wants to "help" me by holding the trees off the ground. First day we started he knocked me over trying to "help" me re-position a log. Ill get him trained but hopefully he doesn't hurt me in the process. I'm slowly weaning him off the need to be right next to me.

Sadly, my hoe man doesn't have the sense to lay things out in an orderly fashion. He constantly wants to "help" me by holding the trees off the ground. First day we started he knocked me over trying to "help" me re-position a log. Ill get him trained but hopefully he doesn't hurt me in the process. I'm slowly weaning him off the need to be right next to me.

I hope that works out sooner than later for you.

Kind of a bummer when you have to worry about what is going on with the saw and getting buzzed by the bucket.

Hes a good operator, just impatient sometimes.
Those two statements don't belong together. (Not being judgmental, just something I've learned from experience...)

Edit: One of the other threads recently brought up trades working in to close to each other, and the increase in accidents. Fallers required to be two tree lengths from another faller, but operators, or road builders working in a smaller foot print of the fallers. People crowding and pushing people in the field so more money can be made in shorter time.

Be safe Casey...

Making our way to a monster oak at the end of the lane. You can see it in the center way back.

a770f98adab8aaf49081f0ef396460a9.jpg

Destruction so far. My work truck at the end of the lane the other direction. You can just see the top in the lower right corner of the picture.

ETA: Guess its more centered than lower right.

92264130d7dac9a3b0b9fe8b4532d731.jpg

Sent from a field

You going to take that Monster home with you??????
Granger... Granger owns and runs the Landfill Gas to Electric Power Plant here in Decatur AL.

David

You going to take that Monster home with you??????
Granger... Granger owns and runs the Landfill Gas to Electric Power Plant here in Decatur AL.

David

Lots of other guys want it so I'm probably just going to stick to the hickory, red oak and beech.

Granger has plants in I think 6 states.

Sent from a field

Back