Started clearing at work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally did it. Chipper had one for sale but I just couldn't talk myself into getting rid of my 441. Until I needed more bar and the 661 was getting heavy for a 25" bar.

CC wise for my lineup this makes more sense than the 441 anyway.

3d961c981c75ff2e2195c5df99543cdf.jpg

Sent from a field

excellent saw. mine wears a 28" all the time and loves it. stock with a muffler mod its still and animal. i still keep the 36" on my 660 for big stumps but the 461 does just fine for 90% of the trees i cut. only the pesky Cottonwood trees warrant bigger CC's

excellent saw. mine wears a 28" all the time and loves it. stock with a muffler mod its still and animal. i still keep the 36" on my 660 for big stumps but the 461 does just fine for 90% of the trees i cut. only the pesky Cottonwood trees warrant bigger CC's

Picked up the dual port cover yesterday and asked about the high jet being turned as far out as the limiter would allow. I was told that's how the saws get sent out and then when they come back they are leaned out a bit. I like to run my new saws a little fat so he reset the limiter to give me some more adjustment. Ive almost got enough gas through it to start leaning it back out.

That's just wrong.

The people that maybe get single digits subzero get 40+ oak and hedge apple.

The people that get serious double digits sub zero get 40+ punky popple.

Good score casey!! Had to be a lot of fun sawing.

It wore me out. It actually decided to fall on our fire from yesterday, so it was a scramble to try to safely get the top cut out so we could pull as much out of the fire as possible.

I wont be taking any of the top. Its covered with turkey crap. I may take some of the trunk since no one else has the ability to cut it into manageable pieces. I figure there's about 5 cords worth just in the trunk. But Ive still got a butt load of hickory and beech to get out.... More than I have room to store without getting a visit from the local gestapo.

It wore me out. It actually decided to fall on our fire from yesterday, so it was a scramble to try to safely get the top cut out so we could pull as much out of the fire as possible.

I wont be taking any of the top. Its covered with turkey crap. I may take some of the trunk since no one else has the ability to cut it into manageable pieces. I figure there's about 5 cords worth just in the trunk. But Ive still got a butt load of hickory and beech to get out.... More than I have room to store without getting a visit from the local gestapo.

Guano is accelerant......just saying.

Baby jesus dude.....nice score. 5 cords in the trunk?!?!?!?!?

I'd start making phone calls....Hi..it's casey....remember you said you owed me a favor....

Please tell me you got some good noodling in.

No noodling onsite. My job is to turn everything into manageable size pieces. I started bucking the trunk into 20" biscuits. I can load those biscuits into my trailer and noodle them here.

My employer has given explicit instructions that chainsaw use on the clock is to be as limited as possible.

ETA - why was that dumped in the burn pile
No noodling onsite. My job is to turn everything into manageable size pieces. I started bucking the trunk into 20" biscuits. I can load those biscuits into my trailer and noodle them here.

My employer has given explicit instructions that chainsaw use on the clock is to be as limited as possible.

Damn..that stinks but understood.

394/395 would of gotten you a little more cut time under a ticking watch.;)

Just kidding.

I hope you're able to scarf a lot of that up. It looks like a fun job to be on but probably more so if that wasnt your job.

I have a blast helping the neighbor out because it is not my job. So I don't consider it work....even if he is running my butt ragged around a 100x100x10 hole and I have the story pole.

Still, I hope you get a bit of good wood off this site.

Well, I finally did it. Chipper had one for sale but I just couldn't talk myself into getting rid of my 441. Until I needed more bar and the 661 was getting heavy for a 25" bar.

CC wise for my lineup this makes more sense than the 441 anyway.

3d961c981c75ff2e2195c5df99543cdf.jpg

Sent from a field
Is that saw made in Germany? It used to state the country of origin on the recoil/fan cover plastic id plaque. That one does not indicate anything.
I have a couple saws that were made in Brazil and raced in the Yukon at small GTG's by the womans Brazilian Bikini Wax and Chainsaw racing team. . . GypoLogger was there but too drunk to race saws or partake in the Yukon Gold bikini wax judging. . . poor guy just sat in his wheelchair dozing in and out of consciousness occasionally yelling out a PirateLogger noise. He said he accidentally drank some rubbing alcohol left there by Kitty Dukakis...
Either way....nice saw.

Back