Started clearing at work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this week was my rotation on the fill so I don't have an progress pics. But I've been bringing loads home most every night. Here's what I have so far.

b317efadc13fec31429f16085c4cdab0.jpg

8e670686c4b75cac3a071e1221be5ecd.jpg

You.shoot many deer and turkeys in that field next to your house?

Sent from a field

You.shoot many deer and turkeys in that field next to your house?

I'm not a hunter. But I do feed the wildlife.

Our water softener discharges into our sump pit which discharges out in a low part of the yard. The deer love it. I counted, at one time, 35 deer playing and drinking where the pump discharges.

I thought Michigan had pretty cold winters? Looks quite warm compared to here.

We still have another 2 months of winter here. It's -6* right now.

We had a couple weeks of seasonable cold. But that's it. Warm and rain most of the winter so far with no end in sight. Broke records last weekend.

Sent from a field

yeah throwing away things that have value like theyre worthless, especially those that take years to develop, will be deeply regretted by future generations. That goes for the trash and the trees. hope the shag and others dont go to waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ppl
Another load of shagbark followed me home.

704d3362e2e22627e34eb143e961bb59.jpg

bf253e740d1185bb54c7716c0d018a02.jpg

Sent from a field
Does the trailer drop down much when you load it with would like that? I was just looking at the clearance between the top of the tires of the bottom of the fender. My trailer good/bad/or indifferent sits like a rock unchanged with a load. I have my springs on top of the axles and not below. It gives me 3-5 inches of additional ground clearance. Nothing worse than taking a tailer offroad and having the tail end of thw trailer dragging the ground if the tires roll into a low spot. . . I realise this tryinf to bring a load of white oak down a two track. . . unloading the rounds to get the trailer unstuck was less than fun.

Here's how winners start their day.

ce916e97941db201667cd7752e43e8ff.jpg

And then move on to bucking a little white oak.

4dbf282edea3c3b6a3e86a8ccbd6c274.jpg

Sent from a field
Assuming you forgot to put the bar oil cap back on before picking up your saw? Been there, done that but have managed to keep it mostly off my body.

Casey, when you bought that trailer did you know you would be coming into all this firewood? If I were you I would start piling those logs. A tractor with a FEL would be helpful at this point I bet.

Casey, when you bought that trailer did you know you would be coming into all this firewood? If I were you I would start piling those logs. A tractor with a FEL would be helpful at this point I bet.

I knew that we would be clearing all this land, but I didn't know when. The task that prompted the purchase was rebuilding my 600' driveway.

I am already stockpiling logs.

1331f14988a59bd6e54a870d8693ffa9.jpg

I've since finished the pile above and am about to finish a second and start a third. 32' or so long, 5' high by 10-14' wide.

Sent from a field

Wow. . .that is some beautiful wood. Does your SuperSplitter usually bust those big Oak rounds with one hit? My buddy text me today and has an 80-100ft red oak trunk he wants me to get asap. They only have a Case 680 so he does not.have.the.height to load a train. . . so it looks like he is going to cut them 15ft and drag them on my little s hit breather trailer and I get to.haul them 1 or 2 logs at a.time.... Beggers can't be choosers I guess... It's red oak so it appears my neighbors will be smelling burning pi$$ all winter long. . .lol red oak stinks almost worse than wet elm :(

Attachments

• 4dbf282edea3c3b6a3e86a8ccbd6c274.jpg
    4dbf282edea3c3b6a3e86a8ccbd6c274.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 36
Back