Stihl MS 661 delayed till 2015 in USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It seems that the silence on the MS 661 reflects that we need to not expect to see this saw in the US market until some time in 2015. (only 81 days left in the year)

Too bad we have to wait so long. I think it is best to accept reality and get on with our lives. Waiting in anticipation can end up being a waste of time. Sometimes it is much more efficient to accept that it won't be coming out any time soon and get on with life.

Bummed. I ordered a brand new Cannon bar for it from Baileys 6 monthes ago. Looking forward to putting the bar on the saw.

Well that sucks, I was told late November/early December last time I talked to a dealer. First dealer I talked to had mentioned that they had 60 MS660's left to sell off first, not sure how true that was and if it was for entire U.S. or what. Guess I'll be sneaking into Canada then....

I don't suppose they gave any reason as to why the longer wait? We're the producers of their new earth augers and ice augers as well. Maybe I'll just have to delay their first big shipment of those a couple of years....

Big bummer! Got some Stihl buddies just dying to get their hands on one! Good news is when they buy one I'll get a chance to try one! So now I'm bummed too!

As of last week when I called our distributor, they told me their supply of 660's would be gone in about
30 days. Once they were gone they'd start shipping the 661's, so by mid November they would be shipping
them.

Back