Stihl MS 661 delayed till 2015 in USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They released today. They're available in California, Arizona, Nevada, Guam.

edit: Only the wrap models are in available right now.

Spoke with a dealer yesterday. Advised that they did not have a release date yet, but did show a price, which she said is a good indicator that they are about to hit the market. Quoted me 1269 for a Wrap model with 28" ES Light with RSC, said she would sub out the chain for RSF, if I would like. She said she was only showing MS661 R C-M's in the system, which is great, because that's what I want...

1108141042-L.jpg

Spoke with a dealer yesterday. Advised that they did not have a release date yet, but did show a price, which she said is a good indicator that they are about to hit the market. Quoted me 1269 for a Wrap model with 28" ES Light with RSC, said she would sub out the chain for RSF, if I would like. She said she was only showing MS661 R C-M's in the system, which is great, because that's what I want...
I would double check on the Light bar. The DSRP on a 661R 28" ES is $1,269.95.

Good News on price I guess, my dealer said the full wrap 661cm is only about $30 more than full wrap 660. Was afraid of some big bump in price like the 461, but guess their research said $1300 or more was too much.

The 661's are available now, within 2 weeks should be on dealers shelves and that is from the national Stihl reps at the TCIA trade show earlier today.

I had the 661 wrap in hand and it is a beautiful saw, balances mint, wicked nice.:clap:

Is this across the USA then? Half wrap models included?

Anyone ever find out what was wrong with them, or what they did to fix it?

Upgraded from MS 460. My Texas dealer sold it to me for $1175 w/25" ES rollomatic - DSRP is $1250 for the 661 R model. Called Stihl USA tech to confirm these 1st ones aren't left overs from recall and was told absolutely not - he also said they aren't available till this Dec...didn't argue - (guess cause of 660's). Suspension feels better then 460, starts easier, chain oiler works well, and doesn't seem to heavy comparatively.

Attachments

• 661-.JPG
    661-.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 661.JPG
    661.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 185
Upgraded from MS 460. My Texas dealer sold it to me for $1175 w/25" ES rollomatic - DSRP is $1250 for the 661 R model. Called Stihl USA tech to confirm these 1st ones aren't left overs from recall and was told absolutely not - he also said they aren't available till this Dec...didn't argue - (guess cause of 660's). Suspension feels better then 460, starts easier, chain oiler works well, and doesn't seem to heavy comparatively.

I'm pretty sure you just sold some 661's for stihl. that wrap is a sharp lookin saw.

Latest posts

Back