Tanaka 3351 from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope not yet.its almost a shame to put gas in it.:laugh: Took me a few weeks to gas up the new redmax gz4000 I got a while back.now it has a muffler mod and base gasket delete.cant get it to run now because of an air leak:confused: im going to tear into it again for the 4th time and use 3 bond on it.the flange sealer must not have sealed the slight differences between the mating surface.

Well i spilled gas all over the first time, gotta get a different can lol. I dont think Ill be tinkering with it any time soon. The "PRO FORCE" decal is my favorite part. Now we know its a serious machine lol

No manufacturers date that I can find.meets epa ph2.clean air index is a 10.so its not up to snuff on the compliance number.the muffler is wide open with no restrictions or cats.only restriction is carb limiters.
I did just put gas and oil in it.its too quiet it must be because of the spark arrestor.I'll work on that with the spare muffler I bought.I'll install a megaphone if I have too.lol
The 2 main things I see that need changed right away which isnt a biggie right now is the oregon chain that stretched a mile within 30 seconds and the champion spark plug to an NGK.

Looks like a great little saw! Can someone put some fuel in it and let us all know how it cuts over a tank or 2? Just wish i could have one for that price!

Oh well i guess no Tanaka for me and i will have to make do with the Jonny CS2252 i just got from the US! :chainsaw:

I did gas mine up but only started and tuned it.Seems to run pretty good.pulled the base gasket out of my spare motor the other night and measured the squish.it was right at .022.:D

Sorry for my confusion earlier in this thread between the TCS3351 and ECS3351 (which are totally different) - I didn't realize Baileys was selling the older saws which are not even on Tanaka's web site any more. It does look like a nice saw.

Sorry for my confusion earlier in this thread between the TCS3351 and ECS3351 (which are totally different) - I didn't realize Baileys was selling the older saws which are not even on Tanaka's web site any more. It does look like a nice saw.
Chris would you know if the new stuff is nikasil or something along those lines as this one said chrome plated as I recall.

From what I have in the carb forward design in this size the air filtration and how easy air can get into the engine without going through the filter would be something to report on.

I have also noticed the useable portion of the same bar can vary quite a lot well maybe 5/8 inch.

I have an older TCS-3401S that was made in Japan. It is a very well made saw. Seems to be almost a copy of an Echo top handle.

Bailey's now has this saw down to $150 with free shipping. I am interested. Are these a commercial quality saw?

Your welcome.what they are priced at are 1/2 off what they usually sell for.you wont be disappointed.

I got lucky on the timing. Baileys had additional Black Friday rebates so I got the saw for $135. I look forward to using it. Happy Holidays jughead

Dang! Enjoy.
I have a spare engine unit i plan on playing with.with the base gasket removed the squish is at .020.
I have a tanaka weedeater andthe thing is like the terminator.i've worn out multiple husqvarna's stihl's and even a solo but the tanaka's going on its 7th year and rips the cord out of my hand.starts on the first or second pull.actually done a muffler mod in the spring and got rid of the cat in the muffler.next spring will be a base gasket delete.wish tanaka had more of a following in the us before hitachi moved stuff to china.
China operation's are the reason these are on sale im afraid.

Sounds like you will have some fun with the spare engine. I have some other Tanaka equipment that I got good deals on also. A weed eater that I got new for $99 ($330 MSRP) from a dealer that was clearing out their Tanaka inventory, a pole saw I bought from Bailey's last year at less than half price, and a bicycle handle bar brush cutter setup that will fit on the pole saw motor that I got on Ebay for $10 brand new (everything except the engine, blade and guard). I think much of the reason I got this stuff at a discount is from Tanaka reorganizing their product line as they converted production to China. I got good deals on good equipment but it is sad to see Tanaka's production go to China as long term quality will likely suffer "in my opinion".

I'm so glad I stayed up a while to read through all these posts. Thanks especially to @jughead500 for the current info. I'll have lots of use for this saw on up to my Dolmar 6100 in the upcoming year or two. I especially like quiet saws- sorry about that jughead. I'm a music lover and want to maintain my "receiver".

Last year I bought a closeout from Bailey's on the 25 cc Tanaka polesaw. Love it. It's built like a flyweight tank. Guys I work with leave their stihl polesaw in the barn and ask me to bring the Tanaka. The little thing works like a mule. If the 3351 is comparable, I'm gonna love it. It's an early Christmas present that'll keep on giving, hopefully. :D:clap:

Back