Tanaka 3351 from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just standard limiter caps on these i tuned one for guy no special tools needed.

Just ordered one. $150 to the door!!! My Christmas present to myself. I like different stuff, and Tanaka is as different as it gets. I checked the Tanaka site and there is 3 dealers close to me. I have one of the old closeout 10 inch Carlton Hobbychamp bars with and a new loop of 30LP to put on it. Can you tell I'm excited. LOL

Just ordered one. $150 to the door!!! My Christmas present to myself. I like different stuff, and Tanaka is as different as it gets. I checked the Tanaka site and there is 3 dealers close to me. I have one of the old closeout 10 inch Carlton Hobbychamp bars with and a new loop of 30LP to put on it. Can you tell I'm excited. LOL

What do you have in mind to cut first?

What do you have in mind to cut first?
First and foremost I have to get to my neighbors place and drop 4 dead ash trees. I'm hoping the weather stays somewhat dry because I would love to get the truck close to these and not destroy the yard. These are old landscape trees with piles of limbs. Lots of shoulder height cutting once these trees are on the ground.

Next job will be when I clear the lot that I just purchased. Its full of Multifloral rose and its big. I have a brush cutter to, but I find it easier to wack this stuff back with a saw. I have many uses for a limbing saw.

This thing is a real lightweight at 7.7#. It's a full two pounds lighter than my gz400 redmax and I thought it was a lightweight. :cold: Just...don't...need....another....saw...

just standard limiter caps on these i tuned one for guy no special tools needed.

The one I got a couple weeks back had no limiters. Just turn the screws with the screwdriver thoughtfully provided, and make it happy. :dancing:

Mine should be here later today . Got to admit I'm a bit excited . The only other saw I have till it gets here is a Craftsman 42cc . After delimbing with it for six hours 2 weeks ago I decided I needed a lighter saw . After doing the same thing this past friday I thanked the almighty for baileys and their stock piling of this discontinued saw .

Well got my new saw . Stared at it . Poked it with a screw driver a few times and decided to get a scale out to see how much it weighs .

Some notes :

The one I received did not have a primer bulb and a plug was fitted in the case where one could go . The carb does not have provisions for a primer bulb .

The H/L adjustment screws on mine does have plastic limiters but they seem to leave a decent amount of adjustment room . The included flat head screw driver fits very nicely .

The Chain is a Oregon bumper tie strap chain or as I like to call it super safety chain .

I was a bit shocked by how tiny the fuel and chain oil caps are . I think I'm gonna keep a fuel bottle like I use with my Nitro R.C.'s handy for refueling this saw and preventing waste . I also think I might try putting a pointed cap from a gear oil quart bottle on my bar oil jug . As there is no way I'll be able to keep a funnel clean .

Hopefully I'll get this in some wood soon .

First picture here is of it as a dry power head only no bar and chain .

I got 8.09 Lbs.

CAM00369_zps76f496ee.jpg

The second picture is of it wet ( full of fuel and oil ) with the included 14" bar and chain .

I got 10.17 Lbs.

CAM00370_zps57c0cfae.jpg

I always find the complaints about hump back chains and cutting problems funny. In my experience there is nothing wrong with their cutting qualities that two or three strokes with a file wouldn't cure.

I always find the complaints about hump back chains and cutting problems funny. In my experience there is nothing wrong with their cutting qualities that two or three strokes with a file wouldn't cure.

Yea I agree. They aren't the best choice for saws that can handle the nonsafety chain. But safety isn't nearly as bad as people on this site make it out to be. On a saw this small, it may not have the power to pull 30 LP. I have the Ryobi 40cc and even on it, the non safety is grabby depending on what you are cutting. That being said, 30LP can really throw chips, and stays sharp.

I don't have a problem with safety chain in general . I just don't like tie stap safety chain. The chain I included in my purchase to replace the stock chain is still safety chain it was a loop of stihl 63PM3 and I have no issues with Oregon 91PX but i do not like the Oregon 91VG . Does that mean I wont use it Nah its gonna get used but not as much as some of the others .

Just do two or three strokes with a file on the tie strap-> voila no more problem.

Latest posts

Back