the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do your livestock freak out if they smell death? Farming mates buried a dead cow in a paddock and months later we were watching cows in that paddock act strangely around one patch and trying to avoid it or getting really vocal whenever around it. Was a mixed age mob and the older ones were pushing the youngsters to the front line and ever-closer to the patch. Mates knew what was going on and laughed at me trying to figure it out.

No mate not that I've noticed, if we leave a dead roo to rot in the paddock cows just graze around it... Dead cows we drag off too but only to shove them down a Gully in the forest sections to stink it up there instead of cleared paddocks. The cows actually hate the kangaroos, they'll chase them out of the paddocks and when your dragging the roo carcass around the cows and sheep chase the roo dragging on the ground. We've had sheep attacked and killed by dingos way out the back and there lambs survived the night and we find them sitting with what's left of there dead mother. So yeah not really mate, I think they've come accustom to dead stuff on the cattle /sheep farms

In winter they stink less, you need to be up within 30m down wind to smell the death. In hotter months that would triple but don't last long even if there's 20 carcasses, theres literally waves like a ocean of maggots cleaning them up real fast, but for the first week the maggots are feeding full swing, it's a stench

Maybe those farming mates were taking the piss out of me. Wouldn't be the first time. Come to think of it, they have an offal pit they chuck dead **** down. But then I still wonder why those cows were freaking out. Will be seeing them in a few weeks, will ask. Not sure I'll get a straight answer.

Hey looks like chippys husband has arrived to defend his wifey against these brutes of heterosexual beer swilling men. Now you say you left the forum because you don't like swearing and general carry on kitties like you should stay away from places like this maybe stick to wingepool or some coffee appreciation group

Yeah we do both but not buried that uses up diesel , just pile them into woodpiles or in deep Gullys and let them rot, then the ones in woodpiles burn. Some just stay where they drop, mostly just drag them out of the big open paddocks, it's fun anyway hitching them to the back and flying around lol

Yeah that's right it's a smorgasbord for fox and wild dog, pulls them out into areas easy (easier) to shoot, we also use the carcass to set up 1080 injection capsules around the places

If a lamb gets hit overnight by fox we use the left overs to set up bait with too.... Dead cocky disapeers in the first hours of dark, same as a dead roo left in the paddock, next morning it's got meat ripped out and dragged 10m by foxes, or the wedgetails and Crows are into it

Must be just you rob I love a big left wing hug fest as much as these other kitties maybe even more so now let's light our rainbow coloured candles and have a vigil for rob and his bogan ways hahahaha

Must be just you rob I love a big left wing hug fest as much as these other kitties maybe even more so now let's light our rainbow coloured candles and have a vigil for rob and his bogan ways hahahaha
Righto ****, I've heard it all now [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Back