The Burning Bush

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was kinda surprised at the number of older people online. :)
Only kids think us old folks are fossils. Most of us have no trouble keeping up but very few of us see a value in posting every darned thing we are doing like you see on facebook or worse yet twitter. I am a member of both places but seldom actually visit them. Who really cares when I stop to scratch my a$$?

Man, is this weird, never saw it before. We have a battery powered atomic clock on the wall. Always been 100% reliable. Last night it reset correctly with the daylight savings time "spring ahead" an hour deal. Just now, it started resetting again, and is now back to previous change time! So it's an hour wrong now! Whut the heck...see what it looks like in the morning.
My watch is doing just fine. What is the reference city for your clock? I use a city that I know matches my local area but Mexico city is also in my GMT-6 location and may use a different standard time vs. DST date. If I use Chicago it does just fine on my watch. Be careful of your reference in Indiana. Part of your state, like Indy for instance, never changes their clocks. It messes me up all the time dealing with folks from Indy.

Only kids think us old folks are fossils. Most of us have no trouble keeping up [sic]

I get that from listening to my bosses 56 year old BIL rant anout how texting is pointless. I'm pretty sure he never uses a computer. Almost all of the 55+ year old people I know resist technology.

Be careful of your reference in Indiana. Part of your state, like Indy for instance, never changes their clocks.

I've never heard this. Strange...

[QUOTE="Otahyoni, post: 5256046, member: 127713"

I've never heard this. Strange...[/QUOTE]
I deal with folks from Indy most years and they never change their clocks. Right now I match them but when I am on standard time I am off an hour from them. I find I need to look it up every time because I always seem to get it backward.

I deal with folks from Indy most years and they never change their clocks. Right now I match them but when I am on standard time I am off an hour from them. I find I need to look it up every time because I always seem to get it backward.

I remember a few years ago it was only Vincennes/Evansville that did the time change. I don't care for it personally...

Present temp is 57 here. Plenty warm for a light weight shirt after this winter. The windows are open to air out the house.

Here ya go, spring peeper pic! Hard to catch em for a look or a pic they are shy. Those strings around her are eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150311_180417.jpg
    IMG_20150311_180417.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back