The Official, 2nd. Annual Pennsylvania Spring GTG (May 9, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did want some of them but I peeled off a few at the GTG.

Later
Dan
Hey Dan,
It was nice to see you again, your saws continue to impress.................Very stout !!!!

I gotta ask though,,,, were you trying to melt down that 2171 (i think) toward the end ????
I think You tuned it to 16,200, and it held 13,200 in the cut, when Knobby made 2 cuts with it......... I was askeered it was gonna have a meltdown...
I wanted to ask you about that when we had "the bait" ( Deadliest catch) afterwords, but you snuck out before I could..

I turned it up because someone on here told me that a ported 372 would run its best set at 13800 or below. My 2171 will hold almost that in the cut.

I don't worry about a melt down on that saw, it will still for stroke a little at 16000. I ran it at that rpm for many years. Years ago my son was cutting firewood with that saw. He was about 1/2 mile from my house. I heard the saw screaming after about 4 hours, I jumped in my truck and drove as fast as I could to stop him. It was turning over 17000 for who knows how many hours. I turned it back down to about 15000, he was pissed at me and told me it was to slow.

Later
Dan

I turned it up because someone on here told me that a ported 372 would run its best set at 13800 or below. My 2171 will hold almost that in the cut.

I don't worry about a melt down on that saw, it will still for stroke a little at 16000. I ran it at that rpm for many years. Years ago my son was cutting firewood with that saw. He was about 1/2 mile from my house. I heard the saw screaming after about 4 hours, I jumped in my truck and drove as fast as I could to stop him. It was turning over 17000 for who knows how many hours. I turned it back down to about 15000, he was pissed at me and told me it was to slow.

Later
Dan
I still need to stop by and see you and run that bad boy.

Dan,
I didn't get to shoot the **** with you as much as I wanted to @ the end of the day. I really struggled for a while with the decision to let you work the 357 or swap to the 346. I wondered if you get similar gains with 57, cause your 2149&346 just flat out impress the snot out of me every time I run 'em. That 2171 was ridiculous! Duane's 372 was awesome too!
Jason

I did want some of them but I peeled off a few at the GTG.

Later
Dan
We're gonna have to slap a stihl MAGNUM sticker on the old girl when she's done. :laugh::dizzy::laughing:

$_57.JPG

Dan,
I didn't get to shoot the **** with you as much as I wanted to @ the end of the day. I really struggled for a while with the decision to let you work the 357 or swap to the 346. I wondered if you get similar gains with 57, cause your 2149&346 just flat out impress the snot out of me every time I run 'em. That 2171 was ridiculous! Duane's 372 was awesome too!
Jason

You will be happy with your ported 357, just think of it as one of my 346s on steroids.

Later
Dan

Back