Used Chainsaw-What is Worth more Stihl or Husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
It will generally be the Stihl in comparable models. Let's say you saw a 3120 and an 088 side by side in a pawn shop @ 250.00 each. Anybody would pic up the 088 first if they knew what they were doing. I'd buy them both sight unseen.

It will generally be the Stihl in comparable models. Let's say you saw a 3120 and an 088 side by side in a pawn shop @ 250.00 each. Anybody would pic up the 088 first if they knew what they were doing. I'd buy them both sight unseen.
then again,,you know theres a better brand............................:D:D

Certainly holds true with their farm & ranch saws. Most folks on AS would agree that Husky ranch saws are a step above a Stihl Farm boss, the selling prices sure don't reflect it. Even worse with the smaller homeowner saws. MS-170 & 180 are regularly listed on CL for new saw prices... And they sell. Small Huskys typically fetch considerably less.

Couple exceptions 346 & 372. In truth, not many xp saws even show up on CL around here, mostly older models. Creamsicle city.

Even a basket case, box of old well worn Stihl parts will generate tons of interest. Buddy of mine owned a pawn shop nearby. Anything with a Stihl logo sold within days. He about had to give away a couple of tree service Huskys.

Took me a year and a half, checking every pawn shop in Peoria, Bloomington, and Springfield to find a pro grade saw. Just not many saws in this part of the world.

You're sick then - you need to have your head examined....:buttkick::D

Just had an examination about a month ago. Therapist said that this far along in my therapy, I'm doing remarkably well, considering all that I have seen and been through.

Back