Used Chainsaw-What is Worth more Stihl or Husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw prices are regional but in this area used Stihl's sell considerably better than Huskys. I really think that Husqvarna shot themselves in the foot when they started selling in the box stores and those that aren't saw geeks consider them in the same category as Homelite, Echos and Poulan. ie, a "homeowner" saw and most Stihls are viewed as "pro" saws, even if they aren't.

i sold a 4 yr old 290 farm boss for 325$ a while ago. they sure do help pay the bills
but it is equal in my area they both go for $$$$ used.

Saw prices are regional but in this area used Stihl's sell considerably better than Huskys. I really think that Husqvarna shot themselves in the foot when they started selling in the box stores and those that aren't saw geeks consider them in the same category as Homelite, Echos and Poulan. ie, a "homeowner" saw and most Stihls are viewed as "pro" saws, even if they aren't.

It's my opinion that Sears made the same mistake when they started letting K-Mart and ACE Hardware sell their hand and power tools. As bad as Sears is hurting financially, I'm surprised that they haven't considered letting Circle K put up a tool isle.

Actually, both of those prices are pretty good and I doubt they'll be available long.
The Stihl is of course much newer.

The last 66 I bought I paid $325 for. Of course, it came with a Husky 55, Poulan 8500 (with bow and 24" bar) and a Mac 610. All but the Mac were runners.

What do you call a logger that runs a Husqvarna ?

Unemployed ............:chainsaw:

it's all about location. here there are 5 husky using loggers to every stihl using logger. the stihl guys only arguement is they never have to work on them. the husky guys got ease to work on, clean air filter less then half as much as the stihls, better bang for the money, better erogonomics/handling, better power to weight ratio, and they can do 3 cuts in the same time the stihl guys do one ;) i'd rather run a high maintenance hot rod then a bullet proof turd. :D husky's aren't even bad either. the bad rep came from stihl guys dissing. i know many 390's logging day in day out that have had nothing more the air filter cleanings but then i know of many 660's on there third set of AV mounts, busted tank handles, and even a few bith busted PTO crank ends. somehow stihls hold their value but that is because they are overpriced to begin with and all the stihl guys talking them up have the less knowledgable thinking they are worth the extra money. creamsicles suck and that's all there is to it :)

I totally agree! The further west to go the dumber the lumberjacks. For example, they can't even figure out the multi function switch on an 038 mag and give it up for dead, but give any western timber tramp a 372, the first thing they do is lose the bushing between the chai brake and starter cover! Buncha limp wristed wood ticks!

I totally agree! The further west to go the dumber the lumberjacks. For example, they can't even figure out the multi function switch on an 038 mag and give it up for dead, but give any western timber tramp a 372, the first thing they do is lose the bushing between the chai brake and starter cover! Buncha limp wristed wood ticks!

never seen or ever heard of any logger losing that bushing. stihls have that bushing too just so you know ;) only time i ever seen a guy not know how to use the multi function switch of a stihl was my buddy gord who is a feller buncher operator in northern ontario. in his defense he was trying it without the AF cover so there were no directions for him to follow LOL

Latest posts

Back