Wedge Belt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you gotta hit up the military surplus shop in coombs Jamie. he's got the most **** out of any other i know of. that's where i got m belt and shoulder straps. he's got a few other cool things but i think it's weight for nothing on the belt. i've been running ground chain so i wanna find a hard case for the belt to hold a spare chain. the ****** nylon cases don't last long. might try a hard camera case even. i see you have a handheld GPS on your belt. you must be covering some ground to need that! did you end up getting on with Jordan?
Shop at some town that has goats living on the roof...lol yeah I'll check it out.
Why carry another pound on you?
To much stuff on the belt anyway I figure. I don't have room for what I have that's why the first aid is up on the back strap. Bigger guys have a lot more room on the belt. The first aid is $hitty there for heli. I dump the wedges and axe at the pad but you want your radio on with in seconds of him flying and making sure he's got us all individually. Go time is go time down there. Yes I quit the other day. The Company that just finished the Beetle probing are running the control for them.
Which happens to be a tree planting company and there mentality. Planters running fallers? Well that ought to work:baba:. So basically they give me a package with 117 tree's and I can't sled to them because its steep south facing side (big trees) spread out and 2.25 hour drive one way. All long walk ins, Like over a killometre many, .75 of a mile up and down hills in 18" of snow. I would have been in that package for another 10 day and never could have brought my average up to have a good season. I told the supervisor that stuff is bid usually for day rate. He said we have never done that. Anyway I took a day off and got another one North East away from the Rockies and snow. It's so warm as well. I was in a T-shirt today. It's crazy. I had to drive to GP to get a belt for my sled and I'm heading back to load it first lite. I'm working Thursday elsewhere.

they are around but the only ones i ever saw were the ones on the husky tapes or very similar. the one i'm talking about was real fine and worked flawless. easy to push in and didn't damn near rip the tape trying to pull it. 9ft? come on man, speak english :D

Ha-ha...they all start at Nein ft..in German.
Sprechen Sie Deutsch?'

Shop at some town that has goats living on the roof...lol yeah I'll check it out.
Why carry another pound on you?
To much stuff on the belt anyway I figure. I don't have room for what I have that's why the first aid is up on the back strap. Bigger guys have a lot more room on the belt. The first aid is $hitty there for heli. I dump the wedges and axe at the pad but you want your radio on with in seconds of him flying and making sure he's got us all individually. Go time is go time down there. Yes I quit the other day. The Company that just finished the Beetle probing are running the control for them.
Which happens to be a tree planting company and there mentality. So basically then give me a package with 117 tree's end I can't sled to them because its steel south facing side (big trees) spread out and 2.25 hour drive one way. All long walk ins, Like over a killometre many .75 of a mile up and down hills in a 18" of snow. I would have been in that package for another 10 day and never could have brought my average up to have a good season. I told the supervisor that that stuff is bid usually for day rate. He said we have never done that. Anyway I told a day off and for another one North East away from the Rockies and snow. It's so warm as well. I was in a T-shirt today. It's crazy. I had to drive to GP to get a belt for my sled and I'm heading back to load it first lite. I'm working Thursday elsewhere.

so zabola didn't work out? i was just doing another right of way. my saws were out on another block but the boss put me in a right of way and made me use his saw. was a 660 with blown clutch springs lol biggest pain in the ass i think i will ever have to put up with on a saw hahahahaah. anyways. looking like i'm unemployed for now but on call with that guy since another faller with seniority returned. gonna take a week off and start the search next week :havingarest:

At first glance that looks like organized chaos westboast lol! But I'm sure you would love to carry no more than you absolutely have to, everything there though has a purpose for you and it's neat to see how guys organize their gear in regard to dominant hand for starting wedges, tape, holding the saw ect. Or for you guys up north, where your radio might survive lol. Safe cuttin boss

wound up a lot farther north then usual today, got to stop at a saw/logging supply shop that is usually closed when I can make it there. Anyway picked me up one of those aluminium axe scabbard jobs. took awhile to get er hung but with the ole Craftsman in there hangs real dandy.

Maybe if the rain and wind quit long enough tomorrow I can get ya some pics of my rig.

yup, dangerous place for a guy like me...

Luckily they close at like 5 during the week, and are only open till noon on Saturdays, makes it hard to get there when they are open.
Try having one right across the bridge from you that's really expensive real fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Is that just a standard pouch Matt?
Yup, some of the stitiching is getting a bit stressed now, and I should probably get creative with the rivits,

Most decent saw shops sell em here fer like 12 bucks or so, I don't think they are supposed to carry that many wedges, but if you pull one up, the other will slip in, usually a spare chain in there somewhere too

Yup, some of the stitiching is getting a bit stressed now, and I should probably get creative with the rivits,

Most decent saw shops sell em here fer like 12 bucks or so, I don't think they are supposed to carry that many wedges, but if you pull one up, the other will slip in, usually a spare chain in there somewhere too
If you soak them in water for a bit you can fit 5 in the small pocket and one up in the tall pocket as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back