Finally got started on the 075 Hot Rod :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is looking great Dave!! I agree with Pogo, love keeping it real. Nobody's perfect and most wont admit it :) I have a brand new old style hand guard if you want it. Dont give up on that sprocket cover, first its a quickstop, second there's a special bracket made for the full wrap and that cover!!! Ye ha :)

Good luck with your "complete set" of Stihls :)
If I even uttered those words near my wife I might have to set up a cot in the garage :)
Thanks for stopping by and super big thanks for helping me reduce the pile of saw parts I don't ever reasonably expect to use.
Its always fun to BS about saws with somebody else as obsessed as I am.
See:dancing: ya next year

Easy off fume free can clean that jug up to almost new for any future builds. Most of the burnt oils will scrub away nice
075%20assembly023_zpsmzus7m4b.jpg

075%20assembly024_zpsvkozcoq1.jpg

Ta-dahhhh
075%20assembly025_zpswicidt7o.jpg

Next up is the coil and flywheel - I have a nova 2 module to go with it but not sure how it works yet - minor details :)
075%20assembly026_zpsq6mqckap.jpg

After realizing I have the wrong intake manifold and then that the next one I found was also for an 051, I stole one from a complete saw in a box and soldiered on -
Also found I had the wrong heat deflector (also for an 051) and that the coil I selected because it looked like the newest was the wrong shape for my recoil casing.

Yeah before you build one of these read that sentence again - the coil is the wrong physical shape for the recoil casing even though it fits the ignition parts fine :)
Also my NOS fuel line is a spongy piece of cracking goo upon installation so that needs replaced :(

075%20assembly027_zpsnbpuvby6.jpg

When you build your air filter housing don't loose this little TINY invisible screw it keeps the choke lever in place - smaller than the spring from the tip of an old ball point pen, and feisty
075%20assembly028_zpsnamyjr9r.jpg

got all the hardware moved over on to the powdered air filter plate - I am pretty sure I should have something attached to the on/off switch but convention be damned I don't need no wires!!
075%20assembly029_zps8vw7hzj9.jpg

Ohhh SNAP it gets a few more pieces and begins to look "sawesque"
And by this time I realized that I installed the bar studs without the inner side plate and fixed it.
075%20assembly030_zpsembardi9.jpg

Another hour of cursing, and sweating and it starts to become
075%20assembly031_zpsb0vtwmbx.jpg

pretty much most of a chainsaw except for all the pieces I still need and the stuff that isn't done - oh and that nice clutch cover - well it doesn't fit with the full wrap handle bar so wheeeeeee...

075%20assembly032_zpsxcnunyiu.jpg
075%20assembly033_zpspxyfiny2.jpg
075%20assembly034_zpsuap1y2xt.jpg
075%20assembly035_zpsayx25kfv.jpg

Still needs throttle lever installed, a couple of pieces powdercoated, ignition installed and tested, oil seal and oil pump reinstalled, Custom Stihl recoil badge, custom muffler, custom top cover badge, custom engraved bar, air filter cover knob painted, would really like some crazy custom felling spikes.
I desperately need a NOS hand guard
So that's a bit of a mess eh?
Dave

How did you get the Fairbanks Morse starter to work right?

075%20assembly023_zpsmzus7m4b.jpg

075%20assembly024_zpsvkozcoq1.jpg

Ta-dahhhh
075%20assembly025_zpswicidt7o.jpg

Next up is the coil and flywheel - I have a nova 2 module to go with it but not sure how it works yet - minor details :)
075%20assembly026_zpsq6mqckap.jpg

After realizing I have the wrong intake manifold and then that the next one I found was also for an 051, I stole one from a complete saw in a box and soldiered on -
Also found I had the wrong heat deflector (also for an 051) and that the coil I selected because it looked like the newest was the wrong shape for my recoil casing.

Yeah before you build one of these read that sentence again - the coil is the wrong physical shape for the recoil casing even though it fits the ignition parts fine :)
Also my NOS fuel line is a spongy piece of cracking goo upon installation so that needs replaced :(

075%20assembly027_zpsnbpuvby6.jpg

When you build your air filter housing don't loose this little TINY invisible screw it keeps the choke lever in place - smaller than the spring from the tip of an old ball point pen, and feisty
075%20assembly028_zpsnamyjr9r.jpg

got all the hardware moved over on to the powdered air filter plate - I am pretty sure I should have something attached to the on/off switch but convention be damned I don't need no wires!!
075%20assembly029_zps8vw7hzj9.jpg

Ohhh SNAP it gets a few more pieces and begins to look "sawesque"
And by this time I realized that I installed the bar studs without the inner side plate and fixed it.
075%20assembly030_zpsembardi9.jpg

Another hour of cursing, and sweating and it starts to become
075%20assembly031_zpsb0vtwmbx.jpg

pretty much most of a chainsaw except for all the pieces I still need and the stuff that isn't done - oh and that nice clutch cover - well it doesn't fit with the full wrap handle bar so wheeeeeee...

075%20assembly032_zpsxcnunyiu.jpg
075%20assembly033_zpspxyfiny2.jpg
075%20assembly034_zpsuap1y2xt.jpg
075%20assembly035_zpsayx25kfv.jpg

Still needs throttle lever installed, a couple of pieces powdercoated, ignition installed and tested, oil seal and oil pump reinstalled, Custom Stihl recoil badge, custom muffler, custom top cover badge, custom engraved bar, air filter cover knob painted, would really like some crazy custom felling spikes.
I desperately need a NOS hand guard
So that's a bit of a mess eh?
Dave

On The choke lever theres a ball bearing that's goes on the end of the spring do you have it ?

More Parts on the way back to ya

then its on too this endless box of cases dave sent me to powder theres is no bottom to this box and there dirty as Hell !

I had a box of junk like that once. Glad I passed it on to someone else and let it be their headache and not mine. Looks like a neat saw though!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I had a box of junk like that once. Glad I passed it on to someone else and let it be their headache and not mine. Looks like a neat saw though!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

come on lets be accurate....PALLET of junk :)

I sometimes wonder of you and Poge conspired to make me fall in love with the most complicated ass backward saw model in history:)

DD

Latest posts

Back