Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im pretty young yet (21) but still dont want to swing around too much weight while out cutting. Ill save my back now so it doesn't get worse later. haha. for about 80% of what i do a 20 inch bar is pretty good, so a 60cc powerhead works very well i think.
Thank you for all the replies. Its very interesting to hear everyone's opinions and advice. Its just so hard to decide. I want them all! lol

Not many in the Winter, but they have them in the Spring. I really enjoy them.

Not as good as running them, but you can just go to the store(s) and handle them.

362 & 562 weight the same, 361 and 2260 are a tad lighter.
Yea ive picked them up a bunch of times. I actually have a 362 at work (pre mtronic) and its not bad, but i heard the m-tronic made pretty good improvements over the old version.
Ill have to try to get to a GTG sometime when there is one. just sounds like alot of fun.

I was in the same boat a month ago and went with a Dolmar 6100. Better filtration and power than the
stihl and not far behind the 562 for power. Better price to boot.
If money is no object the 562xp can't be beat though.
No where to really get a Dolmar around here. Ive heard they are around $575 which is cheaper then the 562 and 362c. but for $550 i can get the husqvarna 555 and have the autotune and less weight i believe. Although the Dolmar does have me intrigued, i just wish there was a dealer around me. Around me there are a few husqvarna dealers, but there is a Stihl dealer on every street corner! lol

Best dealer in my town is a Stihl dealer, that is why I have a ms241 and a Stihl blower. I always believe you are best to go with the better dealer. With Stihl you get more than just the saw, in most cases you also get good dealer support.
All that said my Dolmar really puts a grin on my face!

Yea ive picked them up a bunch of times. I actually have a 362 at work (pre mtronic) and its not bad, but i heard the m-tronic made pretty good improvements over the old version.
Ill have to try to get to a GTG sometime when there is one. just sounds like alot of fun.

Performance out of the box would go to the mtron..pull the limiters on the standard carby and retune with a muffler mod on both and its a wash..same same.

The mtrons have an awesome air filter though..cant beat it.

I actually have 2 mtrons now and 1 standard carby..they are good firewood saws.

Spendin a day workin with them doin a bunch of stuff you might appreciate the handling/balance of a 2260/562..buy what you like mang.

Some dealers will let you run the saw in wood. It does not hurt to ask. You could even take a small log with you so you will be testing it on the wood you plan on cutting. All mentioned saws would be a good option. If you buy an auto tune make sure your dealer can work on it.

I don't think any other 60 cc saw has better air filtration than a 362 C (it is improved over the pre M-GTronic 362).

The 562 is a great saw, but the bar is not compatible with other Stihl saws, the air filtration is not as good as a 362 C, and you have to be OK with that external clutch (that some people prefer, but I don't).

As far as rating a 362 C below a 555, Brad I have got to respectfully disagree with you on that one.

Best dealer in my town is a Stihl dealer, that is why I have a ms241 and a Stihl blower. I always believe you are best to go with the better dealer. With Stihl you get more than just the saw, in most cases you also get good dealer support.
All that said my Dolmar really puts a grin on my face!
That is some very wise words right there. After sale support is very important!

Alot of great feedback and opinions here everyone! Thank you so much! Now Brad is starting to make me have an itch for a ported saw... the more youtube vids i see the worse it gets, but idk how practical that would be for me, as i dont cut wood everyday. lol

Alot of great feedback and opinions here everyone! Thank you so much! Now Brad is starting to make me have an itch for a ported saw... the more youtube vids i see the worse it gets, but idk how practical that would be for me, as i dont cut wood everyday. lol
I don't cut wood every day, but have 6 or 7 ported saws. :D

Look, you're trying to be reasonable which is no way to be approaching this. Ported saws rock!

Latest posts

Back