Why do people still buy stihl saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not?

Preference, Dealer support locally, Fanaticism, Marketing, lack of competiton locally, etc.

A better question may be, "why start a brand war/ brand bashing thread?" We have enough of that crap here already.

Every single past and current manufacturer of Pro Grade saws has had, or currently has their "Stars" and their "Dogs" in their lineup.

Because they all come with this .
official-seal-of-awesomeness.png

An August 13th join date and this is the crap you're posting for your 4th post? Welcome to the site, I guess.
It was a serious question. If you are going to troll please do it in a different thread.

After reading a few threads in the last week on here and handling a few stihl saws at the local dealer I figured I should ask what I was missing. It seems with the exception of the 461 most people would rather have the older versions.

It was a serious question. If you are going to troll please do it in a different thread.

After reading a few threads in the last week on here and handling a few stihl saws at the local dealer I figured I should ask what I was missing. It seems with the exception of the 461 most people would rather have the older versions.
I agree with what you say also ,the 461 is the only current model i like also .

They are heavy, clunky and expensive. And I've seen more then a few posts on here about wanting to convert m-tronic saws to standard carbs.

K

leave the stihl guys be guy. it's what their daddy's taught them so that's just the way it is. :D it's actually possible to convert a guy taught by daddy. i personally don't know a german that doesn't run stihl and they be completely non convertable. the ones that convert choose for themselves. i run what i like, don't matter if it says husky or stihl on it. it just so happens that most of what i like doesn't say stihl on it LOL i'm not swedish or german either.

Latest posts

Back