Why do people still buy stihl saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 362 he raved about is a turd out of the box until it is broken in then it is a pretty good saw.
I am just making the point that the Goat would never start a thread bashing the beloved creator of his favorite saw. I don't necessarily agree with his sentiments. There is group on this site that has assured us that echo makes the finest 60cc saw.

You mean not everyone can afford to "maintain" a Stihl?

Is part of your tag line spelling "Thanks" like a four year old?
I can't afford not to own a stihl because they are that reliable, I almost make a comfortable living with them! LOL
I sign off with thansk to cater for all reading & writing abilities, especially my own.
Thansk

I can't afford not to own a stihl because they are that reliable, I almost make a comfortable living with them! LOL
I sign off with thansk to cater for all reading & writing abilities, especially my own.
Thansk
Thangst for the explanation

I am just making the point that the Goat would never start a thread bashing the beloved creator of his favorite saw. I don't necessarily agree with his sentiments. There is group on this site that has assured us that echo makes the finest 60cc saw.
for the money they do i own a 590 and love it to death.
i actually liked the goat he had a sense of humor unlike BA, his sense of humor was dry and flakey.

for the money they do i own a 590 and love it to death.
i actually liked the goat he had a sense of humor unlike BA, his sense of humor was dry and flakey.
BA had his moments. Some of his characters were funnier than others. The time he went into the logging forum as a guy looking to start a new outfit it the PNW was a hoot.

they do.i assure you.

I'm late to the party, but seriously....

Same reason some people buy Chevy, some buy Ford, some buy Dodge, and others buy Toyota... Obviously they make a product that appeals to enough of the market share that they continue to sell the product. Duh!

I'm not a big Stihl fan either based on handling a few and running a few..And to be fair, the few I have run were not pro-grade saws either. However, I am confident that if I were to add a pro grade Stihl to my stable it would serve me just fine and probably be every bit as good as my Huskies. But the difference between you and me is that I don't jump on a saw forum like a mook and start a juvenile, baseless bashing thread. Yes, I took the bait.. Ya caught me! Ya caught "The Tater"!!

Back