Why do people still buy stihl saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm German so I guess there's no hope for me :(

i'm just being a prick anyways LOL i like some stihl stuff. stihl make a great landing saw. don't care for packing them around on the hill though. pretty much anywhere where handling counts big time i'll take a husky. my first job on a saw was shake blocking and stihl didn't make anything that could come close to a 395. before that i really didn't care and liked them all for firewood. start using them all day on steep ground and you may like the husky's more also.

It was a serious question. If you are going to troll please do it in a different thread.

After reading a few threads in the last week on here and handling a few stihl saws at the local dealer I figured I should ask what I was missing. It seems with the exception of the 461 most people would rather have the older versions.

Brush Ape, is that you?

I was at to the Co-Op yesterday to get a loop made for my Echo. They are a dealer for Stihl, and all those new saws sure looked pretty hanging on that wall.

My first saw was an MS361. Paid $400 for it (lightly used with big dogs, a full wrap, and 25" bar) five years ago. Used it lots, not professionally, but probably bucked up 60 cords of wood with it. It never failed to start and it always ran great. It paid for itself many times over. Then, seeking a larger saw this spring, I put it up on Craigslist after a thorough cleaning. After seeing the prices on other 361s in worse shape than mine, I posted it for $550, and sold it for $500 in less than 24 hours to the first guy who called.

So... I will continue to buy Stihl saws (used ones for now) because based on my experience, they work well, are reliable, and hold their value exceptionally well.

Any other questions?

My first saw was an MS361. Paid $400 for it (lightly used with big dogs, a full wrap, and 25" bar) five years ago. Used it lots, not professionally, but probably bucked up 60 cords of wood with it. It never failed to start and it always ran great. It paid for itself many times over. Then, seeking a larger saw this spring, I put it up on Craigslist after a thorough cleaning. After seeing the prices on other 361s in worse shape than mine, I posted it for $550, and sold it for $500 in less than 24 hours to the first guy who called.

So... I will continue to buy Stihl saws (used ones for now) because based on my experience, they work well, are reliable, and hold their value exceptionally well.

Any other questions?
21 posts,,and you know it all...are you BA in disguise again!??????

Back