Ultrasonic carb cleaner......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a good one , not too big or expensive, to do a few carbs a year in ?

I'm a little leery of ebay, mainly because you can't really tell how big they are inside. I've seen some that are made for cleaning jewelery that are really small. I need one from someone who will ship to canada.
There is a really big price spread and I have no idea what to look for.

TIA, :cheers:

Last edited:
can anyone recommend a good one , not too big or expensive, to do a few carbs a year in ?

I'm a little leery of ebay, mainly because you can't really tell how big they are inside. I've seen some that are made for cleaning jewelery that are really small. I need one from someone who will ship to canada.
There is a really big price spread and I have no idea what to look for.

TIA, :cheers:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/ProductSummary.aspx?free_text|4/15/2010 1:44:34 PM=Ultrasonic&deptId=0

Yous welcome.

You Canucks got Harbor Freight stores up North??
If not maybe order online if shipping or import taxes don't kill ya?!?!

They gotta pretty decent one. About $90 regular price. $70 on sale. And a shade over $50 on sale and with a 20% coupon!

Do a search on Ultrasonic Cleaners, someone had about a 12 page thread on 'em here just a couple months ago. It convinced me to get mine. And to also put the carb in a jar of mineral spirits! Works awesome :clap:

Good luck

Murf

You Canucks got Harbor Freight stores up North??
If not maybe order online if shipping or import taxes don't kill ya?!?!

They gotta pretty decent one. About $90 regular price. $70 on sale. And a shade over $50 on sale and with a 20% coupon!

Do a search on Ultrasonic Cleaners, someone had about a 12 page thread on 'em here just a couple months ago. It convinced me to get mine. And to also put the carb in a jar of mineral spirits! Works awesome :clap:

Good luck

Murf

Here is the "big" HF version I have.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95563

Works pretty well.

Yeah , I read that thread a while ago. Every one was talking about harbor freight, I just wondered if they hold up. The shipping will be almost as much as the price probably, so I dont want one that has a lot of issues.

Thanks Murf

Yeah , I read that thread a while ago. Every one was talking about harbor freight, I just wondered if they hold up. The shipping will be almost as much as the price probably, so I dont want one that has a lot of issues.

Thanks Murf

Seems like I read one time that "Princess Auto" or some name like that was Harbor freight's Canadian counterpart.

They are very similar from what I can tell about HF.
Princess auto doesn't sell ultrasonic cleaners for some reason, or I can't find them on the website.:dizzy:

Ultrasonic cleaner seller in Canada?

I'm going to bump this one for other Canadians that may be looking for a good Ultrasonic cleaner.

Did you ever find an ultrasonic cleaner in Canada, Chris? I heard about the HF version so I looked at Princess auto on Saturday. They had nothing. I don't want to buy one without seeing it in person so am staying away from the bay. I used one at work last week and it did a great job. I've cleared a spot on my bench for one...just gotta get one setup before the space disappears.

There's gotta be other Canucks with these that have bought them locally. Speak up please!

I purchased a Sharpertek off ebay 1-1.5 gallon ( 5-30 min cycles) i forget wich but that was because i was going to use it for intake components for my car. If you're thinking about carbs for a chainsaw i cant imagine they would be that large so take that into consideration. a heated unit works awesome, but then again you could just add some hot/warm water. deeper is better.

My unit more then paid for itself after using it on a 250-300$ cold start valve that just needed a good cleaning.

But if you do go the harbor freight way and change you're mind, here's a nice little link to save you money there

Harbor Freight Coupon Thread - Slickdeals.net

I bought one off Ebay a couple years ago, been fine. Shipping wasn't too bad, you just have to look for the right seller that offer good shipping to Canada.

What's your budget? After shipping I paid about $300

I'm pretty sure there's a thread on the HF cleaner back when Brad (blsnelling) bought one. IIRC, he was happy with it. I always had the intention to pick one up, but havent been to HF in a long time.

well i like to help out other members on here but it all depends one what size you want though. i always heard the bigger the better :laugh: but it seems like the igger one you get the more carbs you can clean at a time and plus you will have more saws running afther they get done from getting cleaning and rebuilt

I bought one last week through Amazon that sounds very similar to the 2.5L one in Evanrude's post. 60 watt USC and 100 watt heater (I suspect that is where they come up with their 160 watt cleaning power reference) same timer interval options.

Last week the Amzon unit was $85 with free shipping.

It has not arrived yet, but should be here when I get home on Thursday or Friday.

Mark

well i like to help out other members on here but it all depends one what size you want though. i always heard the bigger the better :laugh: but it seems like the igger one you get the more carbs you can clean at a time and plus you will have more saws running afther they get done from getting cleaning and rebuilt

You have to be sure to compare the power/size ratio. Several of the HF and other units are all 32 watt, and for a 2 quart (or 2 L) capacity that is not a lot of oomph. It may be a bigger tank, but with only 32 watts of power the action will be somewhat slowed. Combine that with a 3 minute cycle max and you may have to make several trips to restart it before you are done.

Mark

Back