Ultrasonic carb cleaner......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heimannm, that is a nice looking machine. I have been using the hillbilly cleaner I saw on here looking through threads and it works great if anybody is just looking to see how well they work before buying one. You only need a dremel, coffee can, allen wrench and some ductape or a clamp. I used rubbing alchohol and dry gas.

Last edited:
:laugh: I'm sure she would like her jewelry cleaned sitting next to carburetors... :D No, she probably would like it. Be a lot less smelly than that jar of sulfuric assid. :bulgy-eyes:

Good luck with the wife Darcy, but you know that's gonna bite you in the ass sooner or later.:sad:

Gentlemen...gentlemen...gentlemen...my wifey left for Michigan today for 2 days of meetings. She's only going about 2-3 hrs away.

She's picking me up the little HF ultrasonic cleaner on the way there. I was pleased that she agreed. Then she says "I can take the ferry back and get the 5 cases of duty free beer deal if you want??". I can't believe I convinced this woman to marry me!! I'll have enough cans of Alexander Keith's to make it through the worst of the winter!:hmm3grin2orange:

Gentlemen...gentlemen...gentlemen...my wifey left for Michigan today for 2 days of meetings. She's only going about 2-3 hrs away.

She's picking me up the little HF ultrasonic cleaner on the way there. I was pleased that she agreed. Then she says "I can take the ferry back and get the 5 cases of duty free beer deal if you want??". I can't believe I convinced this woman to marry me!! I'll have enough cans of Alexander Keith's to make it through the worst of the winter!:hmm3grin2orange:

Thats a good woman you got.....

bastard.:msp_rolleyes:

Lucky bastard.:msp_rolleyes:

+1 (with a small addition). My lovely Wife would do the same...:givebeer:

Yeah, lucky is the right word Aaron.

Darcy, let me know what you think of the HF unit. I may get Nik to pick one up for me.

If you can stay sober long enough to use it.:msp_biggrin:

bastard.:msp_rolleyes:

I laughed out loud at that post.

Darcy, let me know what you think of the HF unit. I may get Nik to pick one up for me.

If you can stay sober long enough to use it.:msp_biggrin:

I'll let you know if it's any good. I've heard mixed reviews. I don't expect a whole lot for that price. Low expectations help when you're buying cheap tools. If it sucks I'll try selling it on Kijiji for $25. There's no good place in Canada to buy them. My competition would be the medical supplies place with their cheap unit probably selling for $500.

You have to love the duty free beer. I don't know what's more intoxicating, the alcohol, or the fact that you didn't have to pay $39.95 per case to get it!

Probably it's the 5% alcohol...

180 second cycle

The good news... the HF unit arrived. I put a little 020t carb in it. There was gooey gas in it but nothing as bad as varnish. 180 seconds with water and a little palmolive dish soap and no real change. I pushed the button another 6-10 times and the water got kind of dark. I think I can probably find the right mix of chemicals to make it work but it's going to require a lot of button pushing. 180 seconds ...3 minutes comes and goes really fast. You pretty well have to babysit the unit. I think people would think it was a better unit if they could walk away from it for 30 minutes. When they came back they'd actually see results. Sitting there is boring and when you look at the part every 3 minutes you get the impression the thing is useless whether it's working or not.

The better ones really get the water vibrating. I couldn't really tell this one was working.

The bad news...the ferry wasn't running and I missed out on 5 cases of duty free beer. Oh well, it's only money...

The good news... the HF unit arrived. I put a little 020t carb in it. There was gooey gas in it but nothing as bad as varnish. 180 seconds with water and a little palmolive dish soap and no real change. I pushed the button another 6-10 times and the water got kind of dark. I think I can probably find the right mix of chemicals to make it work but it's going to require a lot of button pushing. 180 seconds ...3 minutes comes and goes really fast. You pretty well have to babysit the unit. I think people would think it was a better unit if they could walk away from it for 30 minutes. When they came back they'd actually see results. Sitting there is boring and when you look at the part every 3 minutes you get the impression the thing is useless whether it's working or not.

The better ones really get the water vibrating. I couldn't really tell this one was working.

The bad news...the ferry wasn't running and I missed out on 5 cases of duty free beer. Oh well, it's only money...

Ya its nice to be able to leave it. Mine goes up to 45minutes. Those small ones are really designed to clean jewelery.

That's good to know. I really only set it up with a little bit of dish soap for about 30 minutes. I was surprised how grey the water was when I took the carb out. It definitely did something. The 3 minute timer kind of fools you into thinking the cycle is done so therefore you should see results. I'm going to keep it around and try some slightly harsher cleaners. No regrets here.

The proof will be when a bad carb gets turned into a good carb by leaving it in the USC for 6-10 cycles.

Back