Stihl 066 MS660 power up kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tzed250

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A while back I asked a question in this thread:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=59011

The question was about the part number for the muffler with the large outlet, the one used before OSHA strangled the saw. No one seemed to know what the part number was.

After looking in the IPL I decided to order the whole assembly that included the dual port cover. I thought there might be a chance that they would match. The gamble paid off.

Part number 1122 140 0603 includes the large outlet muffler, the dual port casing, both spark screens, and the screw for the front screen.

A pic of the large outlet muffler

attachment.php

It would be great if Stihl would sell an MS660 Power Up kit, like this one:

attachment.php

Pictured are the:

Large outlet, dual port casing muffler (1122 140 0603)
Limiter caps (4203 121 2700)
Limiter cap puller (5910 890 4500)

Last edited:
The part was $82.45, $6.00 for the puller, and $.50 for each cap.

wow that is spendy...I thought the DP cover was a little much and thought maybe the complete muffler would be a better deal...

For that much, I'll just make my small hole mufflers bigger....lol.

Love that limiter tool. Probably the best 6 bucks I ever spent.

wow that is spendy...I thought the DP cover was a little much and thought maybe the complete muffler would be a better deal...

For that much, I'll just make my small hole mufflers bigger....lol.

Love that limiter tool. Probably the best 6 bucks I ever spent.

Yeah, a little high, but I am a sucker for factory produced hop up parts.

Plus, I have had enough of a die grinder for a while after completing this:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=61304

The box is in there Andy. It will probably see the business end of an endmill soon. Do you think that the stock high speed jet is large enough for that amount of flow?

I figured.. The original didn't have the box. I don't think it make much difference at all other the noise.

If you have a later model carb, it should be o.k. If you need to be more then say 1 1/2 turns out on the H, increase the H jet one size.

The saw was purchased new in Dec. 2007, so I guess it's a late model carb...:) Thanks for the info on the HS jet. I will post an update after adjustment.

During installation the H limiter cap came off easily, the L cap was a son of a #*%@&!!!

Which part number?

I dont have it off hand, ill get it monday. The one I carry has an indent in the front and the exhaust comes out across the face of the cover, not directly out with a bar blocking like the one in your picture. it looks like the one used on 440/460.

I dont have it off hand, ill get it monday. The one I carry has an indent in the front and the exhaust comes out across the face of the cover, not directly out with a bar blocking like the one in your picture. it looks like the one used on 440/460.

cool, this is for the 066/660? I would like to see a pic and definately the part number. what is the retail on them?

Back