009 chain spinning non stop. Clutch?..pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reyn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Chain is spinning once its running. Here is a pic of the clutch. Does it look normal? Can't remember what it should look like so can't tell if something is not right.

FE8D54B1-0E1B-4B23-A9C3-0059EE54D248-2713-000005434E17D165_zpsda980b8a.jpg

If there's too much crap packed between the clutch and the drum it will constantly spin, or if the clutch springs are weak. Does the saw idle high, or it just keeps spinning at normal idle.

If there's too much crap packed between the clutch and the drum it will constantly spin, or if the clutch springs are weak. Does the saw idle high, or it just keeps spinning at normal idle.

Idle is normal. I'm pretty sure it's not that but that was my first thought. Once running, it is spinning fast at a constant speed from the get go.

Could I take the clutch off and run it to see if the sprocket is turning without it?

Could I take the clutch off and run it to see if the sprocket is turning without it?
How would you keep the sprocket from flying out the window or down the street? The answer is no. Clean up the sprocket interior and bushing thoroughly. A lot of times ,if the bushing is dirty the sprocket will keep turning.

Back