026 wot surge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got the vac test done attn: lakeside and thall

so i cut inner tube patch and placed behind the muffler. cut another piece and placed between carby and intake. carb had impulse nipple/plate removed. placed nipple of vac pump in the impulse hose. vac to 7.5 lbs. counted seconds to 30-onethousand. no change in vac reading. removed vac pump. slowly turned crank over till past compression. vac tested again and it leaked down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it was the cheapie pump. hear it leaking at the pump piston. repeat second test and held pump handle just right and viola! passed the test again!

now for pressure:
how can i rig for pressure testing at home?
my vac pump only vacs, no pressure. none of my (lots of) pressure gauges read low/accurately enough.

thanks

holds pressure

alrighty.
i looked at my gauges again and found that one of them read 5-10-15-20 lbs.
on the others the needles started at 5lbs. this one started at 0 lbs.
after much rigging with hoses and fittings and gauges i put approx 8 lbs on the saw through the impulse hose. i used my compressor to pressurize the case. i removed the air supply during the test period. the gauge i used on the saw rig can not be very accurate at such a low pressure. however, the reading remained constant for 30+ seconds with no drop at all. after 30 seconds i let it out.

so are these tests (rube goldberg tests) good enough to continue diagnosis?
please bear in mind this is the best i can do with what i have.

what's the next step fellas?

so.. it's most likely your carb... Either fix it or replace it.

i have arranged for another carb to be shipped to me.
when it arrives, if i still have trouble, i will come calling for help again!:dizzy:

thanks for all your help. if you ever need building related advice or something else i can help you with, please ask.

if you are ever in virginia, i'm buying. :cheers:

Back