026 wrap handlebar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
was wanting a wrap handle for my 026 ,just used to the wraps on my bigger saws so wanted one on the small one ,for the heck of it i was going to try to mod an 044 one ,when i mocked it up it was way less work then i thought would be ,just had to drill one hole on the bottom,and it bolted right on using all the factory holes in the saw ,just posting in case anyone else wanted a wrap on the little saw ,this is a limbing brush ,yardwork saw ,i will use it now that its flips around more with this handle ,yes that's a 28 inch bar with full comp ,i like the reach when limbing trees View attachment 309060View attachment 309061View attachment 309062View attachment 309063View attachment 309064

well i was 20 feet up a tree swinging a 044 with 32 inch bar limbing ,the wrap was nice for different angles ,but the lightness of a 50cc would have been nice ,once i got used to the wraps ,its hard to use a half handle now

Nice looking saws! You gotta add the scrench holder too, lol! That's good to know. My Dad was asking about a wrap handle for his 034 I built him - now I know it'll be an easy fix.

Nice looking saws! You gotta add the scrench holder too, lol! That's good to know. My Dad was asking about a wrap handle for his 034 I built him - now I know it'll be an easy fix.

the 044 handle will fit the 034 also ,on my 036 one of the holes on side didn't line up ,so i drilled the tank ,big mistake ,gas came out ,i put an 0-ring under the handle and it worked ,but i would drill the handle ,not the tank

the scrench holder is oem off the 460 rescue saws

the 044 handle will fit the 034 also ,on my 036 one of the holes on side didn't line up ,so i drilled the tank ,big mistake ,gas came out ,i put an 0-ring under the handle and it worked ,but i would drill the handle ,not the tank

the scrench holder is oem off the 460 rescue saws

Cool! I got, drill the handle not the tank, lol. Hope it's not too soon to laugh about that - I can definitely see myself doing that. You can probably just fill the hole with some epoxy and not worry about the o-ring, but then again, why mess with it if it works. Come to think of it I really need to get a wrap handle for my 660 too. I'm definitely planning on getting some scrench holders for pretty much all my saws. I think I've lost like ten of those things. Luckily I have dozens of them (yet another thing that I seem to collect, lol).

i don't even notice the scrench there when cutting ,is very handy to have right there to tighten up the chain ,or swap one real quick ,i'm going to get some more for sure for some my other saws

I always thought a 3/4 wrap would come in handy on a limbing saw, but I brought it up here a couple of years ago, and about got run off the board for even mentioning such a thing.

Tony

I always thought a 3/4 wrap would come in handy on a limbing saw, but I brought it up here a couple of years ago, and about got run off the board for even mentioning such a thing.

Tony

I think it's a regional thing ,out here its hard to find a saw without a wrap 70cc or bigger ,28-32 inch bar is pretty common ,back east 20 inch bar and half wrap on same saw ,i just like the way can flip the saw around and cut more angles quicker ,the longer bar keeps my face away from the limbs too ,reach and nip

Back