028 av super dies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttin-4-heat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
the saw dies when the switch is grounded. if you unhook the wire off of the jug it will start. but as soon as you ground it, saw dies. now that means i just need to replace the switch right? i only ask bc i just took this saw on and figured it would be a easy fix but when i called into the dealer to try to pice the switch he told me i needed to bring the saw in and have one of their technicans look at it and do the repair. i dont claim to be a saw wiz by any means but i figured i could handle this if i could just get the part. please tell me if there i a reason i couldnt do this myself? thanks b.t.w is there any thing else i should check

the saw dies when the switch is grounded. if you unhook the wire off of the jug it will start. but as soon as you ground it, saw dies. now that means i just need to replace the switch right? i only ask bc i just took this saw on and figured it would be a easy fix but when i called into the dealer to try to pice the switch he told me i needed to bring the saw in and have one of their technicans look at it and do the repair. i dont claim to be a saw wiz by any means but i figured i could handle this if i could just get the part. please tell me if there i a reason i couldnt do this myself? thanks b.t.w is there any thing else i should check

If the saw dies when you hook up the switch it is defective. Just about anyone could replace a kill switch and if that dealer won`t sell you a switch go elsewhere,even to one of the online parts stores.Some of the site sponsors should have what you need.

Doesnt 028 have contacts and not a replaceable switch,like an 041? Sounds like wire from coil to contacts is shorting against case. :)

The 028 just had contacts. There is a metal pin that actually slides through the plastic switch and if it is slid to fat the saw will not start on full choke because it contacts the metal tab on the housing. It is real easy to see if it is making contact or not.

I'm betting the spring is jambed up on top of the contact... or.... the wire is worn though and in contact with the carb or crankcase. Make sure the wire isn't trapped beneath the carb.

Last edited:
the wire doesnt appear worn anywhere and the contact appears in place.
but i will check on it more closely.any other ideas thank you. i will pop the covers off and check it out a little better. i really am hoping it is just something small bc i really want to see how it cuts.

Latest posts

Back