028 super wood boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
grabbed it for 30 bucks from a stihl dealer. theres a 028 av super a 048 and parts n peices of 038s, someone nabbed the complete 038s from me in the last few weeks.

is the 048 worth getting.

GEDC0801.jpg

GEDC0800.jpg

GEDC0802.jpg

this saw has a slight score across the intake and does run but ill tear it down and do a new piston de acid the cylinder and slioght hone and throw it together.

the other 028 has broken handle thats the reason i didnt grab it, but the other one had more compression so dang it i should just manned up grab them both for 60 bucks. the reg 028 super has plastic chain case the super wood boss is metal chaincase.
any other difrences???

how man ccs are the supers? are the super wood bosses the same cc's as the super

what is the 048?? how many ccs???
how man ccs is 028 super wood boss???
how man ccs is 028 super???

it hit the husky dealers up but they throw dang blown up saws away. i am tryn to get some orange project saws

what is the 048?? how many ccs???
how man ccs is 028 super wood boss???
how man ccs is 028 super???

it hit the husky dealers up but they throw dang blown up saws away. i am tryn to get some orange project saws

i am on the way.....

048 77cc
Some say, not popular heavy slow and ugly. I am wanting to get one to go with my 038s just old and cool looking, don't care how slow they are.

you can have the 048 for whatever i have into it. they usualy are 25-50 bucks depending on who is running cash drawer when i walk in with them. saw make doesnt seem to matter from 084 to 028 i havent payed more then 50 bucks

i was actualy thinkin about askin how bad you wanted it.
i havent touched it yet

i tore the super down yesterday. top ring is froze in the groove bottom ring is sticky. looks like carbon build up killed this one.. chunks of carbon breaking off the exhaust port

According to Mike Acres site the 028 WB is 47cc. The Super I understand has a slightly larger p&c, but not sure how that translates to cc's.

Back