028 Wb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmersfirewood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just bought another 028. Found it in a local pawn shop for 150 in really good shape. Probably wasn't used very much. Any thoughts??

Cut wood with i!

Do check the usual suspects though - fuel filter, carb tuning, fuel and impulse lines, AV mounts - anything in gas or rubber....

palmersfirewood said:
Lakeside how much are you asking for the 028 you have for sale. I might be interested.

Not as much as I should ;) Their's a guy ahead of you, so if it doen't move in a day or so I'll PM you.

Do you geta lot of trade ins?

Andy...maybe you could let me know if you ever get a basket case 044 or 038 Magnum that is rebuildable...or if you get a nice one...thanks

Diesel JD said:
Andy...maybe you could let me know if you ever get a basket case 044 or 038 Magnum that is rebuildable...or if you get a nice one...thanks

hmmm, a "basket case that's rebuildable"..... :laugh: It's your money! just kidding...

I've got a ms440 basket case that's rebuildable...if I only had another 440 that maybe needed a sparkplug or carb I think I could make one good one out of the two!

I've about decided my approach is going to be to get an 044 or 046 (or 066) runner at some point and scrape the ms440 off the left side of the bench as I place the other saw on the bench from the right... PRESTO!:D

Diesel JD said:
Wagon, you say yours is crushed...what does that mean...is it like flattened?

"Squashed". Like run over by one of those big Florida water buffs.

Cylinder and piston look great, muffler, carb, ingnition coil seem fine. And that about sums up the good points...

It's quite incomplete considering what's missing and what may as well be missing. I began the investigation optomistic but the closer I looked the more momentum was lost.

I'd like a project saw myself...but this one is destined to be a parts donor - not recipient.

Latest posts

Back