028av 028 028 super whats the difference ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan365husky

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
who can tell me out there the difference bewteen an 028av an 028 and a 028 super. do the parts interchage on certain ones or not. see their are many different 028s plus theres the ms280 the newest model.

:jawdrop:

The MS280 is a totally different saw, and has nothing to do with the 028, except for the model number similarity.

If memory serves, the 028 came in 43, 47 and 51.4cc versions, Super being the 51.4cc one - but even the Super doesn't have a decent power to weight ratio by todays standards.

Last edited:
sounds good more research sounds fun until my wife beats me for playing on the computer to long. just wondered got a early christmas present from fella got the outdoor stove from. very nice 028 av and if it needs parts it may be nice to now what fits what and what doesnt fit.
thanks for the info.:greenchainsaw:

Most all the major components with interchange no problem. It had a decent production run so there were some minor changes with later models, but I wouldn't sweat it. There are parts aplenty out there.

The 028 may not have met up with Troll's demanding spec sheet requirements but they are the most durable saw I've ever had/run. The 038 being a close second, if not tied. Heavy for their displacement and power? Yup, and they won't break in two because it slipped off your lanyard in the tree either.:chainsaw:

sounds good more research sounds fun until my wife beats me for playing on the computer to long. just wondered got a early christmas present from fella got the outdoor stove from. very nice 028 av and if it needs parts it may be nice to now what fits what and what doesnt fit.
thanks for the info.:greenchainsaw:

The cylinders interchange, so if you need one get a super 46 mm.

The MS280 is a totally different saw, and has nothing to do with the 028, except for the model number similarity.

If memory serves, the 028 came in 43, 47 and 51.4cc versions, Super being the 51.4cc one - but even the Super doesn't have a decent power to weight ratio by todays standards.

I think you should run an 028S so you could appreciate it:clap:

think i already have a saw with good power to weight ratio the 365 special with a big bore kit is great fun to run with power to spare in most any wood their is to cut. the piston and cylinder on the 028av are in close to new condition but if something was to happen its nice to know the 028 super piston and cylinder will fit on the 028av. how many saws are to many is 5 to many no i think i need more.

:agree2:

Latest posts

Back