028AV super and 028AV super woodboss vs ms290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishcapades

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a chance to buy a 028 AV super in perferct condition for 150 and a 028 AV super wood boss in poor condition for 100. Should I do it?
I curently have a ms290 farmboss and a 011 AVT.

How do the 028's rank with my ms290.

Thanks,

Carl

I use both for firewood. The 028 has an 16" bar and the 029Super has an
18" bar. The 029Super has more power but seems heavier even though the 028 is buit like a tank. I have never actually weighed them. I think they have about the same cc's. I use both of them equally.

The MS290 is an excellent saw designed for moderate use. It has a metal engine housed in a plastic chassis. The 028 is a saw designed for professional use with an all magnesium engine. It's the better built saw of the two.

How manny cc's is the 028 super and the 028 super wood boss?
whats the diffrence between the two?

Can they pull full chisel chain?

Can the muffler be modded easliy?

Are they worth the asking price?

Carl

I think a 028 Super is a 028 Super. Not sure about the muffler mod on that saw. I haven't done one. Some of the older saws where already quite open. Of course it can pull full chisel chain. Not sure if you should run .325 or 3/8 though. Lots of good info here. LINK

I run Stihl RSC .325 on both with no problem. Cuts really well :clap:

I believe the 028 Super is 55cc's and the 290 is 56.5cc's. 028WB fetch between $150 and $200, so the one that is nice is worth it.

Last edited:
Back