029 super and 028 super F/S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainbike01

Reaction score
Just thought I would list these saws here before putting them on Ebay. I will try to tell you all that I know about these saws.

1- 029 Super I have a fairly new 029 super, with about 10 maybe 15 hours on it. It has Original Bar and Chain and the teeth on the chain lookk like new and the Bar doesnt have much paint off it either. I loaned it out ( I know) never do that again. Well user refilled with raw gas. Needless to say the piston and cylinder are scored on the exhaust side. The saw still turns over so it didnt sieze, however inspection proves (taking off the muffler) that piston is shot, The cylinder (inspecting from the spark plug hole) is certainly dinged up but possibly worthy of a hone job. Please understand that this may not be able to be cleaned up with a hone.

2- 028 Super. This is a nice clean saw. The problem that I am having is that when the saw is running it would blow gas back through the carb and back through the air filter and soak the air filter. The Stihl Mechanic indicates that he feels that gas is coming back over the piston and blowing past the rings and out the air filter. This is all I know about the saw. I have no idea how many hours are on this saw. I can email pictures for those that are interested in these saws.

Make me an offer for one or both saws. I will charge actual shipping to your address and not a penny more. if you want insurance that is up to you. I can take paypal as well. let me know what you think. Thanks

Max said:
3 posts and in the wrong forum...

...and contrary to the current rules for selling things on Arboristsite. http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=29811

On top of that, I got a rude PM from the original poster in response to my suggestion that $75/saw was, in my opinion, a fair price worth taking for some burned up saws of unknown history.

Oh well.

Latest posts

Back