031 av on auction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wally 12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
wondering what 031 av is worth starts hard runs good. saw is in fair condition, also about how old are the 031 av series saws? is it a pro saw?
Thanks.

They are advertised out here from $80-200 on Craigslist depending on condition and what the seller thinks its worth. I'm putting one on CL this weekend for $125. It will sell that day. Is it worth it? If the buyer thinks so... yes.

Back in those days 20-30 years ago... there was no distinction between "consumer" and "pro" saws.

This 031 is on a farm auction I don't have any idea what it will bring,like you said how ever much two people are willing to bid.
If I can pick it up for $ 50.00 I can put a little in it.
Also were the 031's a good saw in their day?

If I can pick it up for $ 50.00 I can put a little in it.
Also were the 031's a good saw in their day?
Yes, I think they were/are a good saw. I have one myself that is runable but haven't used it in a long time & have one for a parts saw. I haven't checked on parts availability lately, maybe Lake can fill us in on that.

New parts are getting scarce, but here is a ton of used parts available.
$50.. yep... good buy, and yes, they are a good old saw. Thousands still in homeowner use out here.

Not only were they a good saw in their day they are still a good saw today. I use mine all the time and it does everything it was made to do. They are heavier than todays saws but they have no apologies to make as they are tougher too. I wonder how many of todays saws will still be running 30 years from now like the 031s and 041s. Watch the oiler, they seem to be a weak spot, (if you can call it a weak spot) with them. I love the sound of them more like a vintage German motorcycle than what we think of as a chainsaw today.
Mike

Latest posts

Back