036 Pro won't hold vacuum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An 036 is an old saw, and a circlip failure intimates to me that it is a saw that has been rebuilt with cheap aftermarket parts, which
I would like to know about, if I am going to step up and try to help. Also, we all need to be on the same page about topics like pressure/vac tests, or this thread is meaningless.

circlip damage is totally different from lean seizure damage, and pressure/vac tests are aimed at lean/seizure damage, if you
follow what I mean.......

I checked both seals for leaks, no bubbles? I'm a little concerned about dunking saw in water. hmmm?
when you do vacuum test you dont see bubles bubles only in pressure test , in vaccum you see that the needle dont stay

An 036 is an old saw, and a circlip failure intimates to me that it is a saw that has been rebuilt with cheap aftermarket parts, which
I would like to know about, if I am going to step up and try to help. Also, we all need to be on the same page about topics like pressure/vac tests, or this thread is meaningless.
Slow down here. From what I have read the op had a c-clip failure, replaced the damaged parts, reassembled and was vac testing to ensure repair. This is where the saw is now, at a point of failed vac test.

Sorry, I just work on this crap for a living, a decent pressure test is one thing, putting air pressure and looking for bubbles is another. Once you have a saw pass a pressure test, then you are good to perform a vac test, this guy has not done anything close.
But he has used terms that get the gang here all excited..... He has a Stihl 036 which died a wicked death, if we can believe that part.

Sorry, I just work on this crap for a living, a decent pressure test is one thing, putting air pressure and looking for bubbles is another. Once you have a saw pass a pressure test, then you are good to perform a vac test, this guy has not done anything close.
But he has used terms that get the gang here all excited..... He has a Stihl 036 which died a wicked death, if we can believe that part.
Cant kill them they can be resurrected!

He next makes a vague post about the saw not holding vac..... But he has in any way actually performed a real vac/pressure test.
Here we are.....

Back