036 Pro won't hold vacuum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to thank you guys for all your help. I believe the mystery has been solved, after adding pressure to saw & soap testing seals I found the problem to be the seal on the flywheel side. Lots of bubbles coming from seal.
Well now all you have to do is replace both seals but dont scratch the cases all up where they seat. You know how to pull them? BTW how much pressure?

Just because someone starts a thread, and announces this or that,
Like I said IDK what he has there Im waiting .
Yeah, like I thought, we pretty much agree on procedure, but I think what is going on is that the O.P. has grabbed some diagnostic terminology, to apply to his problem

If you get a saw to pass a pressure test, and fail a vac test, then you have a real oddity. I have never seen it, but that means nothing.
But since the folks here have not even performed a pressure test. Well..........
the saw must hold vacuum , the presure is only to see where you have leaks. if fair to hold vacuum a lot of things go bad. and believe that many times the saw hold pressure but can not hold vacuum

Yes, vacuum only seal leaks, they cause circlip failures every time..... But where did this "circlip" come from?

You have said quite a lot in this thread of how the op has not done things correctly. I believe this person has done a good work in systematically trouble shooting this saw.

You do understand for an air leak to cause a lean condition it is a vaccuum pulling atmosphere outside of the carb right?

Why sure!!!!! What makes you think that he has done a proper leakdown test?? He squirts some air into the crankcase, and cannot detect any bubbles, then he says that he cannot get the crankcase to hold a vacuum with his Mighty Vac. I am doubting now that there is any here that has properly done a leakdown test.
Yes, it is a contention in the workshop manuals that a seal can hold pressure, but still lose vacuum, so one should test both ways, but it is silly to argue about this when this saw hasn't been successfully tested for pressure, putting an air gun to the impulse port while looking for bubbles won't cut it.

Why sure!!!!! What makes you think that he has done a proper leakdown test?? He squirts some air into the crankcase, and cannot detect any bubbles, then he says that he cannot get the crankcase to hold a vacuum with his Mighty Vac. I am doubting now that there is any here that has properly done a leakdown test.
Yes, it is a contention in the workshop manuals that a seal can hold pressure, but still lose vacuum, so one should test both ways, but it is silly to argue about this when this saw hasn't been successfully tested for pressure, putting an air gun to the impulse port while looking for bubbles won't cut it.
explain please why i must putting an air gun with low pressure for pressure test.

Harley, you're new here. Pantelis is member from another country and he's working on his English. It can be confusing at times, but he's just asking a question.
You know my friend its not matter if someone is new or old somewhere, the problem is that the mr Harley know that the operator dont do the test correctly even if mr harley is not at the same place , but he can not tell to the operator how to theese test corectly , finaly if he is a such so big chainsaw technician lets make a video and informe the members here how is the corect way for a presure - vacuum test.
we all be thankfull to him i think

I agree, but being so rash while new to any area never scores points, IMO. He may be a heck of a good chainsaw mechanic, just haven't seen the proof yet. Anyone can talk the talk, it's another thing to walk the walk. Heck, I crawl the crawl. Until you've posted up truly useful tips or have videos of builds completed, it's kinda up in the air. As for posting "proper procedures," I'm with you. Let's see em first.

I think the OP explained things fairly well and was given some sound advice in the beginning. The poster doing all the rantin' & ravin' didn't seem to read (or comprehend) posts 1 thru 12. The OP was answering questions & responding. There was a little bit of confusion but it was gettin' worked out.

Latest posts

Back