036 Vacuum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decableguy2000

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Working on that buddies dead 036. Pressure test failed to leaking decompression valve, replaced it with a Husqvarna one I had extra and pressure held for over 25 minutes with less than a 1/2 PSI drop. Vacuum will not hold for more than 15-sec. I did pinch off the tester hose and it held fine. I'm using a spark plug adapter and have the muffler and carb blocked with rubber self sealing tape. What should I look for next? It will be put back together with OEM parts.

Jeremy

Working on that buddies dead 036. Pressure test failed to leaking decompression valve, replaced it with a Husqvarna one I had extra and pressure held for over 25 minutes with less than a 1/2 PSI drop. Vacuum will not hold for more than 15-sec. I did pinch off the tester hose and it held fine. I'm using a spark plug adapter and have the muffler and carb blocked with rubber self sealing tape. What should I look for next? It will be put back together with OEM parts.

Jeremy
If it holds pressure and not vac you have leaking crank seals . To prove it gob them up with grease and you can confirm this.

flywheel side crankseal. same seal as the 026. i've seen way to many of these saws leak there.

When I have one that won't hold I try the flywheel side first. Pop off the flywheel, then dribble some two stroke oil on the seal. If it has a vacuum leak there it will suck it into the saw. If that's not it, repeat on the clutch side.

When I have one that won't hold I try the flywheel side first. Pop off the flywheel, then dribble some two stroke oil on the seal. If it has a vacuum leak there it will suck it into the saw. If that's not it, repeat on the clutch side.
thats how i do them....much easier and less messy than the grease trick. i use an eyedropper to dribble the oil right on the seal to avoid making any bigger of a mess than is needed

Latest posts

Back