038MAG tip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralawler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For the last two days I've been cutting burn piles so they could be pushed in tighter with a dozer. My 038 started not won'ting to run at full RPM . Cleaned air filter didn't help so I leaned her up. Got some of the RPM back but lost chain power. I thought stopped up fule filter are carb problem. Saw would idle fine, reach about half throttle fine but no more. Finished job with my 028. On the way home I decided to check the inpulse line and carb boot . Talk about fellling stupid, when I tore into it I found a wood chip behind the throttle linkage. I was only open it up to about 3/4 throttle. put it back together reset the carb and she runs fine. Just thought I would post this Incase it happens to someone else.

That's like the air leak we found on a dump truck this week. The parking brakes were not getting engaging and the service brakes seemed to be letting air pass by so they were always slightly engaged. After pulling lines apart, opening and closing valves, pushing the brake pedal on and off for about two hours tracing the leak, we realized the hand brake had been ~1/8 engaged. Glad be found it before removing the manifold attached to the foot pedal.

Latest posts

Back