041 no spark help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravedigger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an 041 with no spark. It's actually the first chainsaw I ever used. Where do I start? Can I install a nova modual
y2umamat.jpg
ese9usu4.jpg
te7yda4y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check the rubber grommet that the wire to the kill switch runs through is still good and hasn't let the wire rub and ground out. Also check the switch to start.

Un hook that black wire completely to eliminate it and the switch. Clean and set the points. If that does not fix it you have coil trouble.

Found a previous post installing a Nova but pics gone. Post had url so I got them and will post here.

Attachments

• 041 nova wiring.jpg
    041 nova wiring.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 20
Install Nova 2 module I had. It ran but somebody forgot to tighten the nut on the flywheel and sheared the key. Nice to hear it run again. Have to wait till tomorrow to get key. Rebuilt carb last summer. Need to adjust carb

Ordered key. Took a week but only cost $0.96 . It would start but would not idle or rev, so I started looking for an air leak. Found one.
gupuzy3e.jpg
vu2ypeqa.jpg

I'm going get and replace all intake gaskets.

Should I look anywhere else or just vacuum test after putting in gaskets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the weak point on those's 041's. Replace all the gaskets and use blue locktite on the bolts. While its apart I would pull the muffler replace gasket and use the hi temp lock tite on the exh bolts. What can of fuel line is that?

Where did you get that and how old is it. Fuel is not nice on the lines anymore. Trust me on the exhaust bolts. The 041s love to shake stuff loose. I just rebuilt mine I got from the old man.

Sounds just like me and my saw. That's how the cad set in. hope you get her running again. That's the one saw I will never sell. this place will help you thur the bumps. great fellows

She RUNS now that I have replaced both crank seals and new intake gaskets. I installed seals tonite and it started, idled and reved. Will tune tomorrow as it is after 9pm and I don't think the neighbors will appreciate.

That's great news. Don't it sound good just idling. Make sure you check the intake bolts after you run it awhile. They like to come loose.

Latest posts

Back